Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Free (K/US) Last Dance in Redondo Beach by Michael J. Katz/ comedic mystery

Free from Amazon, at least US.
Last Dance in Redondo Beach by Michael J. Katz

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Dance-Red.../dp/B007PJ1MHY

Mystery with comedic overtones.

Katz wrote a series of 3 traditionally published novels from 1987 to 1991, featuring a sportscaster and a down-on-his-luck PI friend, solving sports-industry murders.
The books received praise from several sources, including positive comments from Donald Westlake and Roger L. Simon in dust-jacket blurbs.
I read these during the period they were published. To be honest, the details haven't stuck with me for 20 years, but I do remember I enjoyed the first enough to track down the next 2, to be disappointed when no more showed up, and to remember the author's name when I saw this one pop up.
Apparently Katz is using this to promo a new book he's got coming out. It's been a long wait, but I imagine I'll have to check it out. In the meantime, try this one while it's free.

KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
Free from Amazon, at least US.
Last Dance in Redondo Beach by Michael J. Katz

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Dance-Red.../dp/B007PJ1MHY

Mystery with comedic overtones.

Katz wrote a series of 3 traditionally published novels from 1987 to 1991, featuring a sportscaster and a down-on-his-luck PI friend, solving sports-industry murders.
The books received praise from several sources, including positive comments from Donald Westlake and Roger L. Simon in dust-jacket blurbs.
I read these during the period they were published. To be honest, the details haven't stuck with me for 20 years, but I do remember I enjoyed the first enough to track down the next 2, to be disappointed when no more showed up, and to remember the author's name when I saw this one pop up.
Apparently Katz is using this to promo a new book he's got coming out. It's been a long wait, but I imagine I'll have to check it out. In the meantime, try this one while it's free.

KentE

Thanks - I remember reading and enjoying this one too!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you. I now have book 2 and 3. I just have to get the first one.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote