Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Upcoming tablets

I did not see this already posted...

Wired has a listing of some of the potential up and coming tablets here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...-tablets/all/1

We'll have to wait and see which are real and which are vapor...
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Of those the Notion Ink Adam and the Google tablet are the one's I've got highest hopes for in terms of improving on the iPad in some areas (file system, being more open) and coming close enough to matching form factor, the UI, battery life etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yep i think the Adam, Google Chromium tablet and the /iCD Gemini are the ones i most want to see in person.

I'd like to see someone stuff Chrome OS on the JooJoo.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
It's going to be tough to hold off when all these start coming out, but I'd really like to wait for a second gen version of whatever tablet I get.

I hate early adopting first gen stuff as you pay a premium to deal with first gen bugs and glitches! Better to wait for second gen--kinks worked out and lower price usually. And if there's not a big improvement, you can buy a used first gen model from someone who upgraded like I did with the Kindle 1.

But I'm pretty anxious for a tablet after playing around with my Girlfriends iPad. If the damn thing had an open file management system I'd probably already own one of those myself.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Google Android Tablet is the one I'm already salivating over, and so far practically no details have be released, except for that mysterious tidbit in the NY Times that it was coming.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
To me it is the Notion Ink Adam all the way with the Pixel Qi screen. It is the only one I see as replacing my current ebook reader. Now if I can just get Rosetta Stone on there it might replace my netbook as well.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
This year is going to be very interesting.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I'm surprised they don't mention the Lenovo U1 Hybrid. I'm keeping my eye on that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DYuVN6nuY
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
electrotype
Enthusiast
electrotype began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
I'm surprised they don't mention the Lenovo U1 Hybrid. I'm keeping my eye on that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DYuVN6nuY
Nice!
electrotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The Google Android Tablet is the one I'm already salivating over, and so far practically no details have be released, except for that mysterious tidbit in the NY Times that it was coming.
Tbh I hope that all we see from google to start with are updates to android to help others producing tablets, android tablet edition perhaps, there's no rush for a nexus tablet.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
There is one very significant brand name missing out of all this ... Sony. While their cell-phone partnership with Ericsson is putting out Android devices -- The Xperia X10 just coming to market now and a very fine device it ... Sony's fine line of premium laptops is missing both the lower end netbook market and now the tablets too.

Yet Sony is arguably Number Two in the e-reader device market ... today. They may find themselves outflanked very quickly. I suspect the marketplace will be radically different in 18 months for all things portable over the Internet -- phones, tablets, netbooks and less reliance on desktops and even home TV.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Tbh I hope that all we see from google to start with are updates to android to help others producing tablets, android tablet edition perhaps, there's no rush for a nexus tablet.
What I'm hoping for is an affordable tablet, not necessarily a full PC, that's able to perform many of the basic PC functions such as word processing. An iPad that's cheaper, lighter, and plays well with others (a more open system).
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #13
rakulos
Connoisseur
rakulos began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, K3, acer aspire switch 10
There's also the Hanvon BC10C, looking good though the battery life needs improving on big time...
http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2010/0...et-review.html
rakulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #14
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I'd be totally into the U1 thing if it weren't so laggy.
I'm not particularly impressed by anything shown with Atom or Snapdragon.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'd be more interested in a device that just let's me read .... !

Without all the bells, balls and braces; it might be possible to produce something that is more affordable...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote