Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
New kindle

Hi to everyone! I just used an xmas gc & ordered a basic kindle, my 1st. I 've used sony & kobo and love both. I never wanted to go with amazon because of the proprietary format, but since I've bought a couple of books already from them that weren't available in epub I know converting with calibre shouldn't be an issue. The biggest thing I will miss is not having the book cover displayed when the device is off - for me that's just the way it should be - the book cover & not some screensaver. But I'm anxious to see how the reader itself stacks up to the competition.
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congratulations! You'll love it! I also got the Basic Kindle as my first Kindle last year, after using a couple of Sony's before. I think the Kindle has a much better reading experience, with the nice Kindle-font and better contrast. I also have to convert a lot, because Dutch books are only available in epub, but I don't mind. I love my Kindle to much, to ever use one of my Sony's again. I even ordered a Paperwhite now. Enjoy your new Kindle!
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert