Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Martin O
Martin O began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Sony PRS-T2
Not recognizing my phone as Wi-Fi hotspot.

I'd got my new PRS-T2 Yesterday. No problem to connect to the wireless network at home or at work. But using my cellphone as a wi-fi hotspot failed.
I have a Nokia 808 PureView and it uses Ad-Hoc mode.
Does the PRS-T2 not accept Ad-Hoc?
Martin O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
I think you can download an app for your phone that will make a proper hot spot.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
Martin O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashan View Post
I think you can download an app for your phone that will make a proper hot spot.
My phone runs Symbian and it only supports Ad-Hoc.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
I am no Android expert but as far as I know ad hoc is not ordinarily (I understand, officially not?) supported by Android. I have a T1 and as you have found with your T2 it does not see my Symbian phone (Nokia N8) with Joikuspot either.

It is not a problem for me as I normally have a notebook PC with me which, of course, has no problem with ad hoc and the phone.

As has been said, I suspect if you want it you will have to hack your reader but which exercise I suspect will not be an easy one unless someone else does it first.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 09-21-2012 at 05:40 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
Martin O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I am no Android expert but as far as I know ad hoc is not ordinarily (I understand, officially not?) supported by Android. I have a T1 and as you have found with your T2 it does not see my Symbian phone (Nokia N8) with Joikuspot either.

It is not a problem for me as I normally have a notebook PC with me which, of course, has no problem with ad hoc and the phone.

As has been said, I suspect if you want it you will have to hack your reader but which exercise I suspect will not be an easy one unless someone else does it first.
As I thought! T1 and N8 does not work either. I have a mobile wi-fi router also, so no need for hacking. Thank You for the answer.
Advert