Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
mama_scraps
mama_scraps began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Enjoying my Vox but have run into a few problems

and I'm hoping I can find some solutions here. I've been using my Vox since the beginning of January without any problem. My only issue was that I kept getting the following error message - "The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This hasn't been a huge issue - more annoying than anything. But if someone has some advice on how to get rid of the issue I would be happy.

The major issue I'm having - I've downloaded apps fine from the GetJar website and other websites until today. This morning, whenever I went to download an app on getjar I got an error message "No applications can perform this action." I tried with a few different apps and got the same message. I tried logging in through Facebook, thinking that would make a difference, but then whenever I tried to download an app it would take me to itunes and a blank page.

Any advice?

Last edited by mama_scraps; 02-19-2012 at 11:31 AM.
mama_scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Have you power cycled the Vox a few times, or have you just been recharging it without turning it off? I would definitely turn it off if you haven't.

Then I would try to do a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds. Here's a link to that tip, and to a few more troubleshooting tips: http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...some-problems/

If nothing else works, I would exchange it.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
mama_scraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Have you power cycled the Vox a few times, or have you just been recharging it without turning it off? I would definitely turn it off if you haven't.

Then I would try to do a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds. Here's a link to that tip, and to a few more troubleshooting tips: http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...some-problems/

If nothing else works, I would exchange it.
I'm not sure what "power cycle" means, but I always turn off the Vox before charging. I'd rather save the hard reset as a last resort. I'll lose everything I have on there if I do that, correct? I'll check out that link, thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Power cycle just means turn off/turn on which you are already doing. Hard reset is just a decisive method of power cycling and no data is lost. You may be thinking of the factory reset using the volume control which will lose your settings.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

You can also try formatting your Vox's drive.

1 - connect your Vox to your computer.
2 - copy the files that you want to keep onto your computer.
3 - format the Vox from your computer.
4 - turn the Vox off, then back on.
5 - try doing the things that caused you problems.

If the problems are gone, connect your Vox to your computer then copy your files back to the Vox. I would suggest NOT copying the Android or KoboPegasus directory back to your Vox.

This may result in some data loss, but it will be minimal. (Anything that you loaded onto your Vox will be there, but some of the settings may be lost.)
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
mama_scraps

Tried the hard reset and that didn't change anything. I'll try your suggestion next, BWinmill. Thanks!