Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
scarlett_yan
scarlett_yan began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
please help: Cannot synchronize purchased dictionary

error: the parameter is incorrect....
direct copy failed as well. frustrated and please help!
scarlett_yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What exactly is it that you're attempting to do?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
scarlett_yan

I bought a dictionary from mobipocket, and try to synch to my iliad. Not working. Always gives me the error of parameter is incorrect...
Old 10-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What happens when you try to manually copy the file to the Mobipocket folder on your iLiad?

Does the file have a name with odd characters? What software gives you the error?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
scarlett_yan

Same error when copying manually. Copying other files are fine. Copying this specific files to other places is also fine. That's what frustrated me. The software I am using is mobipocket.
many many thanks
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett_yan View Post
Same error when copying manually. Copying other files are fine. Copying this specific files to other places is also fine. That's what frustrated me. The software I am using is mobipocket.
many many thanks
Copying to other places on the iLiad is fine?

Try running scandisk on your iLiad when it's connected to your PC and also try to download the dictionary again. It sounds like corruption somewhere...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
scarlett_yan

Solved!
It turns out that it's the problem of internal memory and other people have seen it. The trick is to reformat the internal drive.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:51 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How do you do that?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #9
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
See this thread at forum.irexnet.com or look here.

Remember to recreate the folder structure.

Dirk

Last edited by DigiDirk; 10-14-2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Added second link with VFAT32 info
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
scarlett_yan

Just copy all your files (keep the folder structure) to your computer. Then go to My computer, right click on iliad volumn, and choose format. I use FAT format as it is before. I hope this is helpful for other people who had similar problem.