Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Ericp
Ericp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Sovos Reader
Request support for Sovos eReader

Hello to everyone and a request for the addition of a new reader to Calibre by creation of a driver please. I think I have the required info but will of course be pleased to supply any required.
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre.txt (6.4 KB, 734 views)

Last edited by Manichean; 02-17-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: fixed topic
Ericp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to that debug output your device is already being detected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
Hello to everyone and a request for the addition of a new reader to Calibre by creation of a driver please. I think I have the required info but will of course be pleased to supply any required.
Welcome to MR

It looks as though you followed directions on capturing the info needed.

The driver crew will be along shortly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Ericp

Many thanks to both of you for the reply and I am pleased to hear that Calibre supports my reader. Sadly all my book collection is in the format Author/Title so Calibre loads all the titles the wrong way round and it is simply not worth editing every single file, so I will continue to simply use a folder to keep them in.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
Many thanks to both of you for the reply and I am pleased to hear that Calibre supports my reader. Sadly all my book collection is in the format Author/Title so Calibre loads all the titles the wrong way round and it is simply not worth editing every single file, so I will continue to simply use a folder to keep them in.
When sending to any device calibre can format the file name or metadata while sending to the device in virtually any format you want.

To change file name format check Preferences - Sending books to device - Save Template.

To change metadata while sending to device read this sticky thread.

Also if importing / adding books there is a regex to parse the books being added under Preferences - Adding books.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-19-2011 at 01:44 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Ericp

Many thanks for the tip on parsing. A simple fumble with the order of parsing has given a good result on some test files.