Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
joelong
joelong began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Editing bookmarks in Kindle browser?

Often, when I create a new bookmark in the Kindle browser, it seems to have grabbed some random text from the page I'm bookmarking. Is there some way of editing the browser bookmarks, or of specifying, at the time of creation, what the bookmark text will be?
joelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't been able to figure out how to change the bookmark names within the Kindle itself. If there is a way to get at the bookmark file when the Kindle is connected, that might work but I haven't tried to see if it's possible.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
jdierking
jdierking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
On the Kindle 2, you can edit or delete i the Bookmark list.

While on the bookmark, use the navigation stick to go right, you will get a button to edit the bookmark, if you go left, you will get an option to delete the bookmark.
jdierking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdierking View Post
On the Kindle 2, you can edit or delete i the Bookmark list.

While on the bookmark, use the navigation stick to go right, you will get a button to edit the bookmark, if you go left, you will get an option to delete the bookmark.
but not on PDFs, right?
I just tried to create a TOC and all my bookmark names are "Page x", "Page y",...
do you know of any way to make it meaningful?

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
matthewpersico
matthewpersico began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
On the PC software version of kindle, I've given up on bookmarks. Instead, I highlight the text I want to bookmark. Or, if a long passage, I just highlight the first relevant sentence. Now your "bookmarks" exactly match the text you want to bookmark.
matthewpersico is offline   Reply With Quote