Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
I wrote a short three page story in one shot (planned) but I have a longer story in mind I want to try. This is the first writing I've tried. I love reading and I have some ideas I want to try to get onto paper.
Good for you!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #77
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
My goal for 2013 is to finish my first novel, and have it available for purchase at Amazon.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #78
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well I just finished my first 2013 writing goal which was to finish my 2012 goal of releasing my 4th novel!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #79
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Well I just finished my first 2013 writing goal which was to finish my 2012 goal of releasing my 4th novel!
Congratulations!

(Though I admit that I'm tempted to say something snide, like "smart aXXX". )
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #80
kennyc

Quote:
Congratulations!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #81
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
(Though I admit that I'm tempted to say something snide, like "smart aXXX". )

Oh, no one has ever accused me of that before! (by that I mean, usually they use $$ instead of XX of course )

Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #82
kennyc

Quote:

Oh, no one has ever accused me of that before! (by that I mean, usually they use $$ instead of XX of course )

Yeah, that's the way I do it.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #83
proofread
proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.proofread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was persuaded to do rewrite the last quarter, or the modify the start, but I might just charge further on. It's a lot of work and I actually could do with another one of me.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #84
Alecia Stone
Explorer
Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'd like to finish the sequel I'm currently writing. Marketing and promoting the first book is taking up a lot of time but I need to get it done, so that's my goal for 2013.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #85
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
Goals for 2013? Write more, sell more!

More specifically, I have the first part of a fantasy series that I'd like to do something with this year and a stand-alone dark fantasy novel that I also need to consider. Beyond that, I'll probably write at least one more mystery novel this [a third entry in a series of mystery novels that I'm working on].

And somewhere along the way I want to get more people to buy and read my books.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #86
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecia Stone View Post
I'd like to finish the sequel I'm currently writing. Marketing and promoting the first book is taking up a lot of time but I need to get it done, so that's my goal for 2013.
Excellent! Good Luck with it and Keep us posted!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #87
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Garrett View Post
Goals for 2013? Write more, sell more!

More specifically, I have the first part of a fantasy series that I'd like to do something with this year and a stand-alone dark fantasy novel that I also need to consider. Beyond that, I'll probably write at least one more mystery novel this [a third entry in a series of mystery novels that I'm working on].

And somewhere along the way I want to get more people to buy and read my books.
Cool! Keep us posted.

My muse is jerking me around.....not unusual....I've been working on some personal creative-non-fiction memoir work but a couple of stories have called my name the last few days so I've been working on them as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #88
M.T. Miles
Enthusiast
M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best of luck to all those who have set writing goals for this year. I am new to the game and haven't the experience to set what would be a realistic goal. But what I really want is to become a better writer.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #89
kennyc

That's a perfect goal if you ask me. What are your plans in that direction?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #90
M.T. Miles
Enthusiast
M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M.T. Miles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I figure, I'll try to learn a few things from the folks on this site. I have also joined the writers network group on Linkedin. Lot's of reading and some practice as well.
Closed Thread