Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #301
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
No, you haven't to jaibreak. It will work even on stock non-jailbroken devices.
Thanks, eureka. I've uninstalled jailbreak for KT, and add new fonts following the instruction. The problem is I still got "Your Kindle Needs Repair" after restart. I can get into the system by plugging it into my PC. But all fonts are gone in the Aa menu. Seems this method does not works for me.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #302
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@johnleo, some fonts are crashing fc-cache and, consequently, the whole Kindle system. It could be your case.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #303
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
@johnleo, some fonts are crashing fc-cache and, consequently, the whole Kindle system. It could be your case.
Any solution for that? Or i should try others instead of this one. It takes the least of knowledge about Kindle though.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #304
shenuri
shenuri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Anyone help me to install KT FontHack?

Hai Friends, I've just registered here to know how to install KT FontHack.

I've a Kindle Touch (v.5.1.2) and jailbreak-ed it yesterday according to steps here.

After that I've downloaded the KTFontHack 1.3.2 available at here.
Now I'm unable to follow the steps mentioned here for KTFontHack 1.3.2.

In that readme.txt file, at step
1-b. it says "Copy the update_fonthack-*_install.bin file to the root directory of your Kindle.", problem is I can't find that "update_fonthack-*_install.bin" anywhere in the "zip" file I downloaded earlier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
shenuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #305
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenuri View Post
Hai Friends, I've just registered here to know how to install KT FontHack.

I've a Kindle Touch (v.5.1.2) and jailbreak-ed it yesterday according to steps here.

After that I've downloaded the KTFontHack 1.3.2 available at here.
Now I'm unable to follow the steps mentioned here for KTFontHack 1.3.2.

In that readme.txt file, at step
1-b. it says "Copy the update_fonthack-*_install.bin file to the root directory of your Kindle.", problem is I can't find that "update_fonthack-*_install.bin" anywhere in the "zip" file I downloaded earlier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You downloaded the source code instead of the binary distribution.
See the first post of this thread for binary downloads.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #306
shenuri
shenuri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You downloaded the source code instead of the binary distribution.
See the first post of this thread for binary downloads.
It was clearly my bad. Thanks ixtab.
shenuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #307
drati71
drati71 began at the beginning.

Device: KT5 - 5.1.2
Dont work :(

Sorry but i`m a noob and don`t works for me.
I followed readme steps 1 by 1. I have KT5 with 5.1.2 firmware. I have jailbrake and gui launcher. I installed all update files (fonthack 1.3.2, kindlet jailbreak and combined dev certs) but do not happens anything! Before install fonthack in Kindle root menu apear two folder fonthack (empty) and developer (another 3 folder like metadata etc.). Thank you in advance!

Sorry my bad english.
drati71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #308
MarvinO
MarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolate

New $69 kindle uses the same display as the Touch - Paperwhite is higher resolution. But the $69 is advertised as: "New darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading"
I wonder what font is the new default?
MarvinO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #309
KillerKlown
KillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with others

Hey guys, sorry for lame questions but... I jailbroke my KT, updated it with kindlet jailbreak, updated with fonthack, put some fonts, initialized every single one of them, rebuilt font cache and then restarted framework (I also restarted KT at least twice)... and I'm not sure how to use them properly. At first I thought that I'd put fonts in the wrong folder because there are two font hacks, one in the root directory and the other I don't really remember :P anyway I put my fonts in the first one and I guess it worked since the fonthack initialized them, right?
So, from what I understood, if I want to change fonts I have to enter Font Hack, choose desired font, click serif, sans serif, condensed or monospace. Then whlie reading I go to 'Aa' and pick regular, condensed or sans serif. And everytime I change fonts (and reset KT) not only the text is in different font but menus and book list as well.

So my questions are:
- what is monospace?
- can i switch between regular font and bold one? (I got some mobi books in bold)
- is there a way to change just text font (inside the book) and not the menus & book list

Thanks in advance for some info!
(I got 5.1.2 firmware)

Last edited by KillerKlown; 09-09-2012 at 05:39 PM.
KillerKlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #310
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
if you only change the condensed font with fonthack no menus or other things are changed in the gui.
So change condensed to your favorite font (I am doing the same).

- Monospace is a font where the "i" letter is as wide as the "W" letter e.g. Courier font.
- bold is not a font it is a font variant, so switching is not so easy. you have to modify the book source
- read above
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #311
KillerKlown
KillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with others

I see... and how do I get back to my original KT fonts?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #312
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
in the fonthack you can always switch for and back at every time.
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #313
KillerKlown

uhm... yeah, obviously but still it doesn't answer my question
I have installed 16 fonts and don't know which are the original ones (if any)...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #314
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKlown View Post
uhm... yeah, obviously but still it doesn't answer my question
I have installed 16 fonts and don't know which are the original ones (if any)...
log in via ssh and list the files. The date time stamps should help you find them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #315
KillerKlown

ok, I'm starting to lose my mind here... I just can not find the original ones. I can only see the ones I put. People, I'm a blonde guy who just wants his default fonts back... share more detailed tips to do that. Please

Tags
kindle touch hacks