Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Hi Marvin

I must of been away from mobileread longer than I thought. Not only has a worthy successor to a Stanza appeared, but there is a whole section dedicated to it.

I second/third/forth the call for custom colors and for textures. Isn't a color picker oe of the default iOS widgets? It's not like you'd have to code it. Or let us type in the rigb number. Believe it or not, I didn't LOVE any of the colors that I had to choose from.

Or let me load my own background image, one for each orientation. That can't be hard. Then I could just take a screenshot of the iBooks screen, photoshop out the text to make a blank. Presto, I get the skuemorphism look I prefer.

Well, you'd also want a clear background color option. If you want to get really fancy, ad a opacity slider for the interaction of the background color vs. background.

And, of course, we need these options for the three (normal, night, other)

I know...sounds ungrateful for an app that already is hyper configurable. I figure my whopping $5 purchase entitles me to hundreds of hours coding to my exact specifications
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Well, you'd also want a clear background color option. If you want to get really fancy, ad a opacity slider for the interaction of the background color vs. background.
If the background was transparent, it would still have to be a color and most likely that would be black. So just pick black as your background.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Background image (of a book page or texture) would be "behind" the "background color" of the text. So you'd want the option of clear so you see th font text on top of the background image
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Textured backgrounds are on my to do list. Colour pickers are not standard iOS widgets. I think I prefer a list of colours to choose from, even if such a widget were available.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lots and lots of iOS apps allow the input of custom colours, so it's too bad Marvin does not.

It's not a question of EITHER - OR. I would keep the current list of colours (categorising it into submenus so the scrolling to find a particular colour is faster), and the final item at the bottom of the list could be "Custom...". Tapping it would open the colour picker and/or the option to input the exact RGB/hexadecimal code.

For more, see https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/126
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert