Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
yellow spot on ipad screen. u 2?

its been nagging me. Ive tried to ignore it but there is a dime size stain/splotch on my ipad screen at the midline near the bottem.

am i still under warranty? got it from best buy on opening day.

anyone else have this yellow problem.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Maybe a dumb question, but have you cleaned the screen? I get junk on mine a lot, which is why I got a protector.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
oh yes. soo clean i eat mangos off it.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The iPad has a one year warranty. http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/ipadwarranty.html

A "dime-sized" screen defect is huge on a screen this small. I'd take it back.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I'd take it back, too. No irregularities with mine, as far as I can tell.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Sounds like a defect, take it back....simple... get a replacement....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds a little like the issue which has affected some iPhone 4s, which (it seems) was due to the glue used to stick the screen on not having properly cured.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
common problem. apparently it's because the bonding agent between the screen glass and lcd has not finished curing. many reports (search google) state the spots will go away in a few days, faster if you use the phone (presumably because it heats up and helps evaporate the agent quicker).

on the plus side, means your phone is "fresher" and hasn't been sitting around for a few days. lol.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
But shouldn't be an issue on the iPad screen, because it isn't using the same bonding process as the iPhone 4 Retina Display.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is, though, an iPad, not an iPhone. This is the first I've heard of such a problem on the iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
My daughter's iPad had a growing series of thin blue lines running horizontally from the bottom. We called Apple support. The CS Rep tried to pawn off service to Best Buy asking us if we had bought BB's extended warranty (BB never offered their own warranty, only Apple's). Anyway, after persisting strongly, but nicely the Rep got us an appt at an Apple store. We go in and boom! they replaced it. The hardest part was driving 70 miles away and finding the store.
I suggest calling and getting it replaced ASAP. The iPad is too expensive to let any defect slide.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Glad yours was taken care of imaredr. I have had a few PDA's and Laptops over the years that had screen issues (dead pixels....etc). As soon as there is any problem take it back, and get it replaced. I hope the OP has done that now, and reports back to us....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #13
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
oops. my bad for not being awake when posting..
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote