Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow... I really did get it all in here without commercial interruption!

I hope this'll hold you guys while I'm off on a weekender.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
WOW! That poor guy and his 'smuck' brother. (I've only read a few posts of the story as I have to get out and about today) Also, I almost missed this due to the high number of posts on MR. Yea, Steve. for sharing all of your writing with us.

It's going to take me a bit to get through this as I prefer reading on my Reader and not the laptop. I didn't see this on your site yet. Do you plan to format this for our Readers to make it "a book"?

Have a fun weekend.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
WOW! That poor guy and his 'smuck' brother. (I've only read a few posts of the story as I have to get out and about today) Also, I almost missed this due to the high number of posts on MR. Yea, Steve. for sharing all of your writing with us.

It's going to take me a bit to get through this as I prefer reading on my Reader and not the laptop. I didn't see this on your site yet. Do you plan to format this for our Readers to make it "a book"?

Have a fun weekend.
Agreed...I wish I had 80 pairs of eyes sometimes I think from now on I'll restrict my MR'ing to the Writers' Forum and News so I can keep up
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I am planning to compile this for my site, in all the usual formats... but I don't expect to get to it this weekend, and I wanted you all to see it as soon as it was ready. Expect the compiled version next week sometime (I'll let you know when it's up).
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I am planning to compile this for my site, in all the usual formats... but I don't expect to get to it this weekend, and I wanted you all to see it as soon as it was ready. Expect the compiled version next week sometime (I'll let you know when it's up).
Thank you so much, Steve.
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I made a quick cover, but I couldn't find a blurb at the beginning of the post and I couldn't think of one (My brain is melty at the moment )

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-14-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Finished Graphic update in other post.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I made a quick cover, but I couldn't find a blurb at the beginning of the post and I couldn't think of one (My brain is melty at the moment )
Nice!

Try this for a blurb: "DOS isn't a vacation!"
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #23
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Great cover, Moejoe!

Quote:
Nice!

Try this for a blurb: "DOS isn't a vacation!"
I like the blurb
Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
Moejoe
Banned

Okay here's one with the blurb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	denialofservicesmall.png
Views:	311
Size:	629.7 KB
ID:	34288  

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #25
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Good read / story

Thanks Steve, though I would have preferred to read it on my Sony - I even considered cut/paste/convert to lrf but I started reading & thought what the .... & finished it on screen.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #26
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

I like the cover! With your permission, I'd be glad to use it on the converted stories. (Yes, Columbus, I was planning to do LRF as well.) I was considering putting this up on Smashwords as a free offering, depending on how satisfied I am with their formatting tools.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #27
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I like the cover! With your permission, I'd be glad to use it on the converted stories.
Go for it

EDIT: fixed typo on the cover

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #28
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
@ Steve Jordan. I have to say that I am disappointed and not just a little offended that you saw my post as critical.

If you check your CP you will find that I said thank you for sharing your work and gave you karma before I posted to the thread.

I guess I chose my words badly, but I think that if you re read my post it says thank you for the story and goes on to say that I do not enjoy reading on LCD but having started to read I finished it rather than spend the time to convert it.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
@ Steve Jordan. I have to say that I am disappointed and not just a little offended that you saw my post as critical...
Not at all! I thank you for the compliments, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Maybe I chose my words badly, but I was only pointing out that I intended to convert to LRF (as well as other formats), in case you would be interested in getting a copy for your Sony without having to do the conversion yourself! As the converted stories will be free, it's okay if you decide to read it here, and don't bother with the conversions. But you'll have the choice!

Hopefully, I'll have them available tomorrow or Monday, and I'll alert everyone when they are ready.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #30
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

For those who are interested, I have uploaded the conversions to Smashwords. I plan to put them on my site as well, but I may do a bit of customization first.

Tags
adventure, free ebook, humor, steve jordan, stevejordanbooks.com