Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
4inch Google Android Wifi Tablet In the works

http://i.gizmodo.com/5126042/hands-o...android-tablet

it seems the only problem with it was the touch screen wasnt the new capacitive touch screen that the Iphone has. If it does get the Upgrade i can see this being one of the best Ipod touch alternatives out there. and with Android on a Cheap Device, we can finally get some real programers for the platform.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That is pretty damn cool.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
You can run Android on a Nokia N800 or N810 now which seems similar to this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You can run Android on a Nokia N800 or N810 now which seems similar to this.
At $149 for a 480 x 272 screen this is lower price and lower resolution than the Nokia's. There is apparently a 7" "Maxi" too, which might be more interesting as an ebook reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
the 7 inch one looks like it has a 2 inch border around the entire device..... i think the 7 inch is supposed to sit on your kitchen table or something. while the 4.3 inch is supposed to go in your pocket.

Personally the Resistive touch screen isn't so bad, my cell phone has one, and so does my prs 700.

also it has expandable memory which i like, considering a 8 gig micro SDHC card is now 17 bucks, and its reusable in other Devices. currently i have an 8 gig in my cell phone, a 4 gig in my Digital camera, a 4 gig in my PSP, and a 2 gig in my prs700.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert