Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #31
gilibaus
gilibaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
@stevov will you please post the link? Thanks.
gilibaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
I already have. Read the thread
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #33
gilibaus

Ok found. Your apk has exactly the same size as the one I downloaded from http://zhuoweizhang.net/Arctic.apk, which is infected. Are you sure it is safe? Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #34
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
As I haven't used it in over a year how would I know. If your worried maybe root is not for you. Xda is the most knowledgeable site available.follow the link and read the thread.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #35
gilibaus

Root does not worry me at all. Having my Kobo infected twice in a day, yes. Thanks for your answers.
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #36
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilibaus View Post
Having my Kobo infected twice in a day, yes
All this does is simplify the process. It's an exploit that has been confirmed by your antivirus program. Given your level of paranoia you should look at the source as you can clearly see how it works.

This is not the only way to achieve the end goal of this application.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #37
gilibaus

Ok I have finally downloaded and installed Arctic.apk (thanks @stevov for the xda link). Now I have root privileges on my Kobo Arc. When I open SuperSU (v 1.42), though, I am asked to update the app, but both NORMAL and TWRP/CWM procedures will fail. Have any of you made it? Do you feel like sharing how? I am no android expert, so please do not be too geeky Thanks for your help.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #38
gilibaus

FIXED. Today I have turned on my rooted Kobo Arc and it has immediately downloaded an updated version of SuperSU. Now I can finally access the app. Good.