Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #256
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Apparently, calibre epub->epub conversion discards the <dc:source> tag that FFDL expects to hold the URL.

FFDL doesn't currently look inside the html files for the URLs. I've been a bit reluctant to do that, because, depending on the epub and where it came from, it could contain URLs to *other* stories, not itself. But I'll consider it.
Thank you. So I won't be able to spare myself the trouble of going through all of my downloaded stories one by one. What a chore
Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #257
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
The dotEPUB extension in Chrome also seems to grab stories from Livejournal. I've tried it on a few posts and it leaves out the comments and such. I do have to clean things up a bit in Calibre later, but that's only because I like spaces between paragraphs without indentions.

More info re: Squeebook.net for grabbing things from Livejournal/Dreamwidth - I use this for stories on LJ that have multiple parts in multiple posts as it can grab from a list of URLs. I do sometimes have trouble with these files in the fact that they do not always open properly on my Sony T1 (I always download as EPUB) but they open fine in Calibre's Ebook Viewer. Re-converting them EPUB to EPUB usually fixes things though so that the files are readable on the Sony T1.

Also - yay for wraithbait being added! /runs off to get her stargate fix/
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #258
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Beta test for version with new feature to find story URLs inside the epub html if FFDL can't find one in the metadata.

Because I consider this mildly dangerous, this behavior is off by default. Turn on the new 'Search EPUB text for Story URL?' option before trying it.

@Firedancer885 - Once I was searching epubs already, looking for ficsaver's bad ffnet URL was pretty easy, so I included that, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	86429  

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-18-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #259
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta on previous post updated to fix a bug in the new feature.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #260
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Beta test for version with new feature to find story URLs inside the epub html if FFDL can't find one in the metadata.

Because I consider this mildly dangerous, this behavior is off by default. Turn on the new 'Search EPUB text for Story URL?' option before trying it.

@Firedancer885 - Once I was searching epubs already, looking for ficsaver's bad ffnet URL was pretty easy, so I included that, too.
Thank you

But there is still something I don't get. I always reconvert the epubs I download. You said the reconvert discards the dc:source tag. How come I had no problem retrieving urls from my reconverted "Archive of Our Own" epubs? I only had to hunt down at most 10 to 15 urls from the 120+ epubs.
Advert
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #261
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

AO3 doesn't use dc:source. It uses:
Code:
<dc:identifier opf:scheme="URI" id="etextno">http://archiveofourown.org/works/76366</dc:identifier>
...which calibre convert preserves.

FFDL writes both dc:source and dc:identifier opf:scheme="URI". Belt and suspenders.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #262
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
AO3 doesn't use dc:source. It uses:
Code:
<dc:identifier opf:scheme="URI" id="etextno">http://archiveofourown.org/works/76366</dc:identifier>
...which calibre convert preserves.

FFDL writes both dc:source and dc:identifier opf:scheme="URI". Belt and suspenders.
Thanks.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #263
bouvin
Mad about the books
bouvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi

I have been enjoying FFDL for a month now. This has really transformed the way I read fan fiction. I applaud this new Cover Generation feature, but have on reflection one feature request: Can I turn it off for updating works in progress?

Having seen carefully generated covers become the images in a newly generated cover (in an increasingly recursive manner) is not a happy experience.

It is currently possible to set a default to an CG style using only current image, but I think that CG generates the cover each time it is run, and thus we get JPEGs saved over and over again, reducing quality each time. Better to just leave the cover alone, if it already exists.

So, what I would really like is this: An option to disable CG cover generation, if updating an existing book.

Cheers
Niels Olof
Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #264
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I was going to reply on the group list, but since this is a plugin-only feature and you posted here, too...

That seems a reasonable request. A simple option switch for 'Run GC on new books only' is easy enough.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #265
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.21 posted with new features:

New feature - Option to search epub text for story URL when not found in metadata.

New feature - Option to only run GC on new books, not updates.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #266
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.22 posted with new site:

New site - www.checkmated.com by Ida

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #267
bouvin
Mad about the books
bouvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I was going to reply on the group list, but since this is a plugin-only feature and you posted here, too...

That seems a reasonable request. A simple option switch for 'Run GC on new books only' is easy enough.
My, that was quick.
Thank you! Now back to ponies

Cheers
Niels Olof
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #268
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.23 posted with new sites:

Eight (8!) new sites by iatheia:

ashwinder.sycophanthex.com
chaos.sycophanthex.com
erosnsappho.sycophanthex.com
lumos.sycophanthex.com
occlumency.sycophanthex.com
dramione.org
www.phoenixsong.net
www.walkingtheplank.org

And that clears our list of 'Sites under consideration'. Many thanks to Ida(iatheia) for his efforts.

Jim

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-20-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Ida->iatheia
Old 05-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #269
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
People should take this as a subtle hint to suggest more sites.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #270
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
dramione.org requires a login/password, but I don't see an entry in personal.ini for it. Can I add that info myself somehow so that I'm not prompted to enter the user info each time I import a story?
Closed Thread