Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
daveyboy37
daveyboy37 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App on Galaxy Tab 3
Calibre Companion on Samsung Tab 3 8.0

Is anyone successfully using CC on this device...
I don't know if its a bug with the Samsung Tab 3 (8.0)but the 3 dots (settings button) is definitely not there, making the app useless for me.

I have reinstalled the app, reset the whole tablet and still no luck.

I am using the latest version of CC (3.2.3) . I should say the tablet is brand new so i have no idea if earlier version worked... I am totally new to Android, is there a way to install an earlier version to test this out and see if the issue is version specific?

Thanks in advance.
daveyboy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy37 View Post
Is anyone successfully using CC on this device...
I don't know if its a bug with the Samsung Tab 3 (8.0)but the 3 dots (settings button) is definitely not there, making the app useless for me.

I have reinstalled the app, reset the whole tablet and still no luck.

I am using the latest version of CC (3.2.3) . I should say the tablet is brand new so i have no idea if earlier version worked... I am totally new to Android, is there a way to install an earlier version to test this out and see if the issue is version specific?

Thanks in advance.
I'm afraid that there's no 3 dots, but you have a button in the border at the right side of the center button (in front of your left hand) which is the setting button. In the other side is the back button.

I have the same problem when I got the tablet (and a friend of mine with her phone).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
daveyboy37
daveyboy37 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App on Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm afraid that there's no 3 dots, but you have a button in the border at the right side of the center button (in front of your left hand) which is the setting button. In the other side is the back button.

I have the same problem when I got the tablet (and a friend of mine with her phone).
Oh wow thank you so much for the quick reply... That's done the job
daveyboy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
The authors of CC maintain a presence on Mobileread;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The Settings button is a feature of your tablet. Unskinned Android devices have the three dots in the top right for settings.

Enjoy your new tablet.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert