Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Can you write your life story in 100 words.

Something I ran across. I'm going to give it a try (particularly since I've been working on memoir essays...all much more 100 words. )

http://writeyourlifestoryblog.wordpr...-in-100-words/

I'm not much impressed with the ones on that page.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I could do it in 10 words.

Spoiler:
I was born. I am alive. Someday I will die.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post

Spoiler:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post

Spoiler:
I claim plagiarism, you stole my life story!
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
kennyc

Slackers! Here's mine:

He grew from the rich black dirt of Southern Oklahoma bathed in the starlight of science, fed upon man’s conquest of space and delivered in the bonds of love to a Rocky Mountain high to feast upon the computer age, the truth of creativity, creation, and communication. Following a white-hot flash of top-secret imaging in the reborn city of the sun he returned to his Mile High home produced three genetic progeny before the thirteen year affair ended and began a long journey into the heart of the world accompanied by two cats and the great literature of the world.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-27-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I'd like to think that I only had room for 50 words - you know, to leave space for everything that is still to come. And since I don't like to leave my readers with a cliff-hanger ending I won't post those 40 words yet.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I claim plagiarism, you stole my life story!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it. Expose on Gmw's life story.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #8
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I can do mine in 10 words too:

Spoiler:

I came.
I saw.
I ate ice cream and cake.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Would somebody ask me, if I'd like to write memoirs at all (including somewhen in the future) I'd answer: "There's already enough boring books out there - called contemporary fiction."
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Unfortunately, I probably could.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I'd like to think that I only had room for 50 words - you know, to leave space for everything that is still to come. And since I don't like to leave my readers with a cliff-hanger ending I won't post those 40 words yet.
That's what revision is for.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I gave it a go, but decided to limit it to 50 words instead:

He came out a little red man
As a boy he was quite green
Adolescence made him blue
But he always felt so yellow
As a man he returned to red
And into calm cerulean
But now he's turning grey
And from here it's only shades

caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
Bompa65
Connoisseur
Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Vox
I was born

I went to High School and met this cute girl!

I married the Cute girl. We had a perfect son and daughter.

They married great partners and gave us three perfect grandchildren.

I bought a Kobo Vox!

Need i say anymore?

Bompa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I gave it a go, but decided to limit it to 50 words instead:

He came out a little red man
As a boy he was quite green
Adolescence made him blue
But he always felt so yellow
As a man he returned to red
And into calm cerulean
But now he's turning grey
And from here it's only shades

I LOVE it!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
It was the best of times it was the worst of times.

No points for originality.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote