Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
steven1979
steven1979 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
What about a Kobo Web App

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if a Kobo web app is in the works, either on a website or using Google Chrome? I really like my KT but it would bring kobo up a huge step to have a web app. That would kind of solve the problem for linux users having an updated desktop software as well. Everything seems to be going to the cloud. Why not Kobo?

I work part time at chapters and this is a question that I do get quite frequently when trying to sell the Kobo Touch. Unfortunately Kobo can't compete with the Kindle in this regard and it is too bad because I think the KT is a great product in every other way. Anyway, I just thought I'd float that out there.

Happy New Year everyone!
steven1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
I have said for quite some time that a good web page can be every bit as good as a specialized device limited app. This way Kobo wouldn't need to do anything special to support all devices if you could just read your books from your library on kobobooks.com
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
what about reading where you can't get to internet ? I have choosen a e-reader to be able to read quite everywhere and any time... If I'm to depend on access to internet, I won't be able to read a lot...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Not just the web; you are right that it is great to carry a library with you in your reader. Downloads on their readers should remain but reading right from kobobooks.com would be cool too when you have wifi access, don't you think?
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Back when Apple forced bookstores to remove buy buttons from their iThings apps, I'm pretty sure I read that Kobo was going to look at developing a web app. I wonder if they're still planning that.

ETA: Here's a link where they talk about this on CNet. Kobo may have been first out of the gate in announcing that they're planning to launch such an app, but they obviously lagged behind in developing it.

Last edited by Suzanna; 01-01-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: To add more info.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert