Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
My father-in-law got one of these from HSN, after his Kindle 1 croaked. After messing with it for a day, sent it home with me to see if I could figure it out for him. This was back in December, so I don't remember all the specifics, but I couldn't update the OS, get the WiFi to work, or get any books to show up. After four hours, I was so frustrated, I was ready to break it over my knee. When I called to tell him to just send it back, he happened to be in Barnes and Noble and asked me about the NOOK color. I told him that I didn't have experience with the Color version, but the eInk ones were solid, and reviews were good. He purchased one on the spot and has been pleased ever since.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc748 View Post
Bought one of these and I think they are pretty good for the money paid (it's not an iPad). I did have a hard time finding a case for it. However, found a small company that makes a pretty good sleeve for this unit and sells them for only $9.95 with free freight at www.nuvo-tek.com.

By the same token, if anyone knows of where I can buy a case (not a sleeve) that is a good fit for the MID7015, please let me know.

Thanks
Good for you, I hope you're happy with it. Seriously, if it works well for you, then ignore the naysayers here!

Last edited by Grimm; 02-23-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #18
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I've just ordered one from a Canadian eBay seller. I can't wait for it to arrive.

I have a Pandigital Novel 7" Colour Reader and I have done the update to open the Android side but Android 1.5 is the limiting factor here. I know that the MID7015 is an older model but it has And 2.1, already comes with a case and there is already the support base to root and add Gapps which includes Market.

The price is right as well and I read where there are some apps that can adjust the speed to allow full use of the 800 mhz. Basically I was looking for something that would install most of the various ereader apps out there as well as Browse the Internet, do email, allow access to various document formats, run some PMA apps as well as audio, video and picture viewing.

And 1.5 just isn't high enough.

I would have prefered a 4:3 format 7" screen but most were being offered as aPads-gpads with no real NA foothold. My budget was $250 Canadian.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I also bought one from HSN back in December was completely unimpressed and sent it back. Glad you like yours!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Good for you, I hope you're happy with it. Seriously, if it works well for you, then ignore the naysayers here!
If it works for the OP, good. Just letting others know my opinion, a rooted NOOK would run rings around it.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert