Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
log163
log163 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
.term_PMRA_weight files

i used the library maintenance > check library feature for the first time and it found extra files in some of my folders with the extension ".term_PMRA_weight" they are several hundred KB in size and i couldn't figure out what they were for. they are not in all folders just some of them.
log163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by log163 View Post
i used the library maintenance > check library feature for the first time and it found extra files in some of my folders with the extension ".term_PMRA_weight" they are several hundred KB in size and i couldn't figure out what they were for. they are not in all folders just some of them.
they are NOT calibre controlled files.
I suspect one of your reading apps is creating them.

Mobipocket reader does the same kind of thing on me when I use that viewer, it throws a copy and .MBP into the root (the metadata.db folder) of the Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
log163
log163 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
the only other "reading app" i have is itunes, and i always use "send to device" and itunes copies the epub/pdf over. so its ok if i delete the 22mb's of 147 files w/o problems to calibre?
log163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by log163 View Post
the only other "reading app" i have is itunes, and i always use "send to device" and itunes copies the epub/pdf over. so its ok if i delete the 22mb's of 147 files w/o problems to calibre?
is this on a MAC? I ask, because I don't have one and MAC's do things differently I would not want to cause an issue on your system.
All I can say, I have never seen those on my Win or Linux systems.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra files, library maintenance