Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #46
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Which Roku are you getting?

So far, I'm more impressed with free Hulu than I am with Hulu Plus. And Netflix doesn't have enough content to make it worthwhile.

Lucky for me that I can do without sports.

I'm going to most likely get the $59 one and the $79 one for the bedroom because the $79 one has the stronger wi fi signals reception. My wife wants to just start with just one, but it's easier to say "Im sorry and have it"

Yeah I hear about the hulu but only Hulu Plus with be available for the Roku.
As far as Netflix is concerned I already have an account so there is no additional charge so that's a wash.

Hulu Plus will be $7.99 a month which will air first run shows, Amazon's Video on Demand is soo much cheaper than Comcast HD on Demand, it's almost criminal.

I can get my sports via OTA HD so that's free

So if this works out well, this will be a huge savings over paying Comcast each month. .

boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #47
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I can definitely shape and mold him with this.

It softened up my wife, she was shocked.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #48
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I would like google maps app and travel guide apps
Amen to the maps...I'd love to have appswitcher or some way to go right from a book to a map...there are lots of times when I'm reading and I have a question about the setting, wouldn't it be cool to just be able to switch from the book to the map? oh yeah.
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I wasn't being critical of you. Just critical of the critics who don't own the device.
No problem. I didn't take it that way.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Yeah I hear about the hulu but only Hulu Plus with be available for the Roku.
~~~~~
So if this works out well, this will be a huge savings over paying Comcast each month.
I contemplated Roku for a bit, then decided I'd cut Comcast altogether and get net access through my computer for viewing video. Notice how you have to get the $100 one to get a USB port? How sneaky.

With boxes and DVD players and TVs and gaming systems and tablets and phones all needing apps to play selected content, choosing the right one becomes a nightmare.

Then I look at my netbook and realize that it plays everything; and I don't need MSI's permission to do so. I sure wish tablets were like this; but alas...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #51
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
I have the Roku box on my Christmas list and that comes with the Pandora app preloaded, which will be great with my home theater.
Trust me. It will be. I use the Pandora channel on my Roku all the time and it's really nice to have.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote