Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #181
shark_scott
shark_scott will become famous soon enoughshark_scott will become famous soon enoughshark_scott will become famous soon enoughshark_scott will become famous soon enoughshark_scott will become famous soon enoughshark_scott will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Hi,
Thanks - yeah, I'm using the pen to scroll, but it's not ideal because it means I have to open the menu and turn on the "annotation" function every time I want to highlight things and then turn it off again to continue reading. It works, but it's hardly efficient.
shark_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #182
Whipet
Enthusiast
Whipet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bebook 1, Onyx Boox M90
Has anyone used it for web mail access?
I can log into Yahoo mail but then just get a blank screen.
The manual does not seem to have any information on browser configuration.
Also is there any way to add Linux aps to the Applications folder?
Whipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #183
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipet View Post
Has anyone used it for web mail access?
I can log into Yahoo mail but then just get a blank screen.
The manual does not seem to have any information on browser configuration.
Also is there any way to add Linux aps to the Applications folder?
I have the same problem, Yahoo doesn't work. This is strange since it seems that there are no problems with gmail.
I have to try with the last firmware.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=13
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #184
Whipet
Enthusiast

Thanks, glad to know it was't my error, the manual is quite spartan!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #185
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
gmail works fine i was using it yesterday at the pool while my boys were having swim class.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #186
ismaelndes
ismaelndes began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre
M90 Bug detected

I have noticed a bug after the last firmware update (I'm not asure if it was there previously). The last access to the files (date and time) is stored corectly, but when you switch off the ebook, the time is reseted to 00:00 (02:00 after changing the time zone).
ismaelndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #187
ismaelndes

Dictionary

Does anyone know hot to install a new dictionay and th format it should have? I've tried to create a folder named "Dicts" and copying there a diccionary in StarDic format (.dz, .idx, .ifo).
Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #188
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
name the folder "dicts" little "d" and put it on the SD card.

Inside that folder should be another folder with the name of the dictionary. inside that is where the dictionary .dz, .idx ,ifo files go.

SO if you have more than one dictionary then inside the "dicts" folder should be folders named "dictA" , "dictB" etc etc

I have attached a text written by a user on booxusers.com that is very helpful
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #189
ismaelndes

Dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
name the folder "dicts" little "d" and put it on the SD card.

Inside that folder should be another folder with the name of the dictionary. inside that is where the dictionary .dz, .idx ,ifo files go.

SO if you have more than one dictionary then inside the "dicts" folder should be folders named "dictA" , "dictB" etc etc

I have attached a text written by a user on booxusers.com that is very helpful
Thanks for the help, it works fine
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #190
Whipet
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have the same problem, Yahoo doesn't work. This is strange since it seems that there are no problems with gmail.
I have to try with the last firmware.
Tried with the new firmware but still get a blank screen after logging in. Slightly odd as it navigates the Yahoo search ok with a sign out button.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #191
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
To be honest, from reading the reviews, the M90 sounds like a monumental failure. Why can't anyone make a decent 10 inch e-reader for reading and annotating academic papers is beyond me. You guys are wasting your money on a pice of plastic that should never have been released. Oh I wanna buy it so I can learn how this piece of crap could have been better." And pray that they come up with some sort of magical firmwar that fixes hardware issues. They are still advertising a g-sensor that does not exist in thse devices. Guys get a life and buy something else like or wait until they release something decent. Thank you to those that tested the crappy device so I dont buy it. I will never buy Onyx for as long as iI live based on these horrible reviews.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #192
matthew tenney
Enthusiast
matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
I like your signature and quote.
matthew tenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #193
matthew tenney
Enthusiast
matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
I Like your signature

I forgot to include the quote. I like your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Looks very nice.
matthew tenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #194
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew tenney View Post
I forgot to...
You can also edit your posts if you forget something, or make a mistake, etc. The edit button is on the bottom right of your posts.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #195
broch
broch began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M90
Post August Update slow?

I updated my onyx m90 to the latest 18 august update that claims to fix the blindspot. First of All it didnt fix it at all which would also have surprised me since it seems to be a hardware issue.

But that Update made my device so slow that I reverted back to 29th of July update. Turning pages in a simple ePub file was agonizing slow with the new update. Has anyone had the same issue?

Best regards,
Broch
broch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90