Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
csskkai
Enthusiast
csskkai began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
What kind of covers do you use?

I just got a 600, which means I am now looking around for a cover for it. There are those flimsy things sony makes, then m-edge ones, and I've also seen oberon ones.
Are there any other options out there for me? What do you use and prefer?
csskkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Although it makes the controls located on the side of the device difficult to use, I still prefer the Case Logic case for the protection it provides, especially the edges of the device. The top folds back and is comfortably held while reading. However, if you use earphones or swap memory cards much, it may not be the one for you.

I have the Sony cover with the light as well. Not as much protection, but the light might be handy at times.

Good luck in deciding and enjoy that 600. I love mine!!!
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
I really like
Quote:
those flimsy things sony makes.
Mine protects the reader, makes it easy to hold onto (like a book), and provides a convenient attachment point for my MightyBright reading light (when I use it).

Plus, it's RED, which complements the reader (which is also red...but a different "red").
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I like my Sony cover, too, for the same reasons mentioned before. Allthough I find it's more flimsy than the one that came with my 505 a year ago (heavily used). The 600's cover, after a month, allready feels like the 505's after a year.

If you want to know if the 505's cover fits the 600, it's a definitive "may be". Opinions (from other threads) range from "it works but is hard to get on" to "it broke after a while" to "I wouldn't use it as the 600 is thicker". ;-)

By the way, the Sony cover is the only one I can get in store in Germany. All others have to be ordered via internet.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I only had my beautiful 600 Black for 4 days before it froze, waiting foy my replacement to fit into my lovely M-Edge Executive Cover also Black, thier great, I also LOVE the look of the Oberon Designs Stuff .....They are VERY Special,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Here are a few vendors and their products. These are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

Annes Addictions

BookArmor

i-nique - makers of Tuff-Luv

M-Edge

Oberon Design

SonyStyle Reader Covers

SFBags

Personally, I like the M-Edge covers. I've had a 505 and now a 600 and have purchased various covers over the last 2 years (some of them have been taken hostage by my girlfriend). My list includes the 505 original, 505 premium cover, M-Edge Executive for 505, M-Edge Leisure for 505, Sony Lightwedge for 505, 600 sleeve, Sony cover with light for 600, M-Edge Go for 600 and M-Edge Leisure for 600.

Last edited by grooks; 03-09-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added SFBags
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I think the nicest looking (although I haven't seen them in person) are the Proporta covers - http://www.amazon.com/Proporta-Handm...8172762&sr=1-4

However, because I like the nightlight functionality for the PRS600 (reduces reflection) I tried the Sony cover with light and the m-edge with the e-luminator2. The latter was my preference hands down. The case is nicer, more sturdily made and more padded with better leather. The light is much brighter for the same size. Plus it comes in fun colours which are really nice in person as well as online (at least the red and the green are - haven't seen the others). The only negative in my mind is that I prefer the hinged functionality of the Sony covers to the corners straps used by M-edge and that is strictly an aesthetic complaint - functionality wise they are equivalent.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I have the BookArmor cover. Really like it, except for the Henry Ford cover. You could have his car in any color, as long as it was black. So the BookArmor cover is as well.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
csskkai
Enthusiast
csskkai began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
Since my last reader broke, I've been looking for a cover that is really sturdy.
I don't like the neoprene jackets. Too soft and bendable imo.
I think I'm going with the executive jacket from m-edge and an oberon one as well. Switch it up once in a while...
csskkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #10
Scamper
Scamper began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
+1 M-Edge Go

I have one for my 300 and I love it.
Scamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #11
drmaxx
Connoisseur
drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
m-edge Latitude for the PRS600 was my choice. Functional and robust.
drmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
Minglewood
Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Minglewood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Glow
I've had my m-edge executive jacket in pebbled mocha with saddle strap for a while. It's rich in appearance and style. The optional e-Luminator booklight used with a rechargeable AAA battery makes it a complete package for me.
Minglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Yes, I have the M-edge executive cover as well.
The grey suede interior complements my silver PRS600 very well. It's pretty sturdy. Haven't got the light yet, but I'm overall happy with it
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
nothatkind
nothatkind is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1
I have an M-Edge Executive (Red) too... It's sturdy and I like it a lot... I'm expecting the e-luminator to complete the package!!!
nothatkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
ordialn
ordialn began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Hi !

i love the leather touch of this cover :

Here is the link :
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205263526

my web :

http://sites.google.com/site/ordialn/
ordialn is offline   Reply With Quote