Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #61
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Can a mobilereader publish this "shortref"?
or
will send iRex this pdf to costumers who paid already if I ask?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #62
wiljo
wiljo began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
@sischa: problem was, I didn't know what it was downloading.....
wiljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #63
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Can a mobilereader publish this "shortref"?
or
will send iRex this pdf to costumers who paid already if I ask?
The shortref is on the iLiad. ind docs -> references
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #64
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Thanks! I wanted to know -- but you probably knew that.
Yes, indeed Only the lamp i have is probably too heavy for the usb port. While the divice seems very well made, the usb port will probably not survie it, since you move the iLiad all the time and forces may be too strong. Gotta find a lighter one.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Something like this maybe?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #66
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Something like this maybe?
That looks good. Gotta get one of those.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Not at all.

I ran across that the other day and remembered it.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #68
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble

But if that light is designed for a notebook it would be the idea to mount it on top of your screen where it will illuminate your keyboard from there.

That could mean that if you stick it on top of your iLiad that the opening angle of the LED is to small to illuminate your complete iLiad screen. Even if it would illuminate the whole screen it could show annoying darker areas.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #69
NatCh
Gizmologist

(shrug) It looks to be adjustable to some extent -- maybe Tribble can try it out and let us know (pictures perhaps?)
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #70
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
This could possibly be a better option as the LED illuminates a tube so the light is spread over a much bigger angle. But the problem is that you only know when you test it.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #71
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
This could possibly be a better option as the LED illuminates a tube so the light is spread over a much bigger angle. But the problem is that you only know when you test it.
Another posibiity is using the LightWedge (operated by batteries), see:
http://www.amazon.com/LightWedge-Pap...&s=home-garden

It has a lot of good reviews (both the normal and the "harry potter" version).

What I don't know is if the light distributor would light the entire iliad screen or not, and if it can be adjusted for the top or right sides of the iliad.

If the LightWedge worked with the iliad, it would be fantastic :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #72
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
That really does look great.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #73
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

This lightwedge doesn't clamp to the reader, so you should be holding it against the iLiad. And it probably covers the page flip bar, so you'll have to lift it to change pages. Besides, i'ts designed to be in direct contact with paper but the iLiad has a glass screen and the frame probably will avoid direct contact so there might be glare. It doen't sound so great to me.
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:14 AM   #74
don-redhorse
don-redhorse began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi,
I've got my iLiad last weekend.
I plugged in the power cord to charge the battery and
configured wireless.
Then I started the software-update.
After two seconds the message "Download complete", so it told to me.
But I cannot see any entry in the Download history.
Software version is V2.4 .

Transferring PDF's from PC to iLiad works good. Also to read a file from a
USB-Stick is without any problem.
Only, after pressing the Notes key I am missing the sketchboard.xeb.
So far so good.
don-redhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:26 AM   #75
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by don-redhorse
Hi,
I've got my iLiad last weekend.
I plugged in the power cord to charge the battery and
configured wireless.
Then I started the software-update.
After two seconds the message "Download complete", so it told to me.
But I cannot see any entry in the Download history.
Software version is V2.4 .

Transferring PDF's from PC to iLiad works good. Also to read a file from a
USB-Stick is without any problem.
Only, after pressing the Notes key I am missing the sketchboard.xeb.
So far so good.
The empty download history is to be expected, sinc your iLiad has the newest software version installed, so there was nothing to download.

As for notetaking. You can take any jpg or bmp and draw on it. it gets saved as originalname_note.jpg (or bmp) and there you have your note. But you can only have one note per image. if you open the original image and draw again, the .._note gets overwritten. if you open the .._note file, you can add to the drawing.

i just added the xeb file, so you can put that in your notes folder. And to draw (and see drawings) in the xeb you have to turn on drawing by clicking on the greyed out button in the left bottom corner.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Notepad.zip (1.2 KB, 273 views)