Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no that shouldn't make any difference. Please post the exact command you used
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
no that shouldn't make any difference. Please post the exact command you used
Same as before:

Code:
C:\>calibre -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username debXXX@gmail.com --password XXX -vv debXXX@gmail.com XXX@kindle.com "test email"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre cmd.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	26457  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #48
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's weird. OK looks like I'll have to debug this on windows, so I'll do it a little later today.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #49
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's weird. OK looks like I'll have to debug this on windows, so I'll do it a little later today.
Thanks Kovid.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm that exact command (with my gmail account) works perfectly for me in windows. I'm at a loss. Anyone else tried this on windows?
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #51
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah got it in your commands you are using calibre you have to use

calibre-smtp
Old 03-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #52
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:

calibre-smtp
Daffy's command line (with the -smtp added) command works OK for me (on Windows XP) -- looking at the output, the connection was opened, used, and closed properly.

Since there was no document specified in the command, I got an email message to that effect from Kindle support.

Last edited by bwaldron; 03-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #53
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Same as before:

Code:
C:\>calibre -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username debXXX@gmail.com --password XXX -vv debXXX@gmail.com XXX@kindle.com "test email"
calibre-smtp right???

Did you try just sending it to your regular email account rather than to your kindle account. At least this way you can know if it is "sending" the email.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #54
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

calibre-smtp
That seems to have done the trick (though nothing shows up on my Kindle)! Sorry for the run around because of my bad typing. I still get an error message when I try to send from within Calibre.

Code:
C:\>calibre-smtp -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username DebXXX@gmail.com -
-password XXX -vv DebXXX@gmail.com XXX@kindle.comm "test email"
connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')
reply: '220 mx.google.com ESMTP m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: mx.google.com ESMTP m28sm700557waf.2
connect: mx.google.com ESMTP m28sm700557waf.2
send: 'ehlo DebXXX-PC.myhome.westell.com\r\n'
reply: '250-mx.google.com at your service, [173.51.211.76]\r\n'
reply: '250-SIZE 35651584\r\n'
reply: '250-8BITMIME\r\n'
reply: '250-STARTTLS\r\n'
reply: '250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n'
reply: '250 PIPELINING\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: mx.google.com at your service, [173.51.211.76]
SIZE 35651584
8BITMIME
STARTTLS
ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
PIPELINING
send: 'STARTTLS\r\n'
reply: '220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
send: 'ehlo DebXXX-PC.myhome.westell.com\r\n'
reply: '250-mx.google.com at your service, [173.51.211.76]\r\n'
reply: '250-SIZE 35651584\r\n'
reply: '250-8BITMIME\r\n'
reply: '250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN\r\n'
reply: '250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n'
reply: '250 PIPELINING\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: mx.google.com at your service, [173.51.211.76]
SIZE 35651584
8BITMIME
AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
PIPELINING
send: 'AUTH PLAIN AGRlYmludmVuaWNlQGdtYWlsLmNvbQBqYmE5ODI=\r\n'
reply: '235 2.7.0 Accepted\r\n'
reply: retcode (235); Msg: 2.7.0 Accepted
send: u'mail FROM:<DebXXX@gmail.com> size=382\r\n'
reply: '250 2.1.0 OK m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: 2.1.0 OK m28sm700557waf.2
send: u'rcpt TO:<XXX@kindle.comm>\r\n'
reply: '250 2.1.5 OK m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: 2.1.5 OK m28sm700557waf.2
send: 'data\r\n'
reply: '354  Go ahead m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (354); Msg: Go ahead m28sm700557waf.2
data: (354, 'Go ahead m28sm700557waf.2')
send: 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============1105391471=="\r\n
MIME-Version: 1.0\r\nSubject: no subject\r\nTo: XXX@kindle.comm\r\nFrom: de
bXXX@gmail.com\r\n\r\nYou will not see this in a MIME-aware mail reader.\r\
n\r\n--===============1105391471==\r\nContent-Type: text/plain; charset="us-asci
i"\r\nMIME-Version: 1.0\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\r\n\r\ntest email\r\n
--===============1105391471==--\r\n.\r\n'
reply: '250 2.0.0 OK 1238104301 m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: 2.0.0 OK 1238104301 m28sm700557waf.2
data: (250, '2.0.0 OK 1238104301 m28sm700557waf.2')
send: 'quit\r\n'
reply: '221 2.0.0 closing connection m28sm700557waf.2\r\n'
reply: retcode (221); Msg: 2.0.0 closing connection m28sm700557waf.2

C:\>
Old 03-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

are you sure you entered everything correctly in the GUI? In patricular make sure there are no space before/after the entries and click the show checkbox next to the password to check your password
Old 03-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #56
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That seems to have done the trick (though nothing shows up on my Kindle)! Sorry for the run around because of my bad typing. I still get an error message when I try to send from within Calibre.
Well, you won't get anything on your kindle when sending this test because there is no ebook file attached to the email.

Send the test email to your email account and ensure you get it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #57
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
are you sure you entered everything correctly in the GUI? In patricular make sure there are no space before/after the entries and click the show checkbox next to the password to check your password

I'm not sure of anything now but I checked and there are no spaces after entries. The check box is not working for me, I still get dots. The image I'm attaching is before I tried the check box for the password.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre gui.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	26468  
Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #58
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well, you won't get anything on your kindle when sending this test because there is no ebook file attached to the email.
But you should get an email from Amazon pointing out that there was no attached document. At least I did.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

and the errors you're getting are still about a bad password?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #60
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
and the errors you're getting are still about a bad password?

I think it's the same as before you had me do the command prompt stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre error.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	26478