Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Amazon's answer to Kindle vs airport security

Well, they got it part right. I was explicit my query. It was not MY problem.

Anyway, for clarification per Amazon Kindle support, here is their answer to "Can putting your Kindle thru the airport security machines damage it?"
Just to be on the safe side, I would still read it right before, and right after going thru the process.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the possibility of damaged to your Kindle by the X-ray machinery at an airport. After researching this problem I have confirmed that this machinery does not damage the Kindle in any way.

If you have any further questions or if this email did not resolve the problem you encountered you may contact Kindle support directly through phone by calling 1-866-321-8851 or using the Contact Us option in the right-hand column of our Kindle Support pages at:

www.amazon.com/kindlesupport"
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well done Amazon

I was very unhappy with the reply I received, and shot another email back explaining why.

I've gotten a reply already.....and this one makes more sense. It doesn't sound quite so 'stock'

I am more and more impressed with Amazons customer service.

"Hello from Amazon.com.

Customer Discussions allow you to share your questions, insights, and views about products available on Amazon.com with other customers. This means that information that is posted to a forum may or may not be accurate. To address the question about weather the post you sent us was verified, I would need that customer call in. Currently there is not a possibility of damaged to a Kindle by the X-ray machinery at an airport. After researching this I have confirmed that this machinery does not damage the Kindle in any way. If there is a problem with a Kindle or Kindle 2 Amazon.com will covered these problems with our manufacturer warranty.

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com."
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I am more and more impressed with Amazons customer service.
Interestingly that answer coincides with what I said. That an X-Ray machine can not damage a Kindle. Well, unless it got stuck in the conveyor belt or was slammed against it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Interestingly that answer coincides with what I said. That an X-Ray machine can not damage a Kindle. Well, unless it got stuck in the conveyor belt or was slammed against it.

BOb
Yes, I know thats what you said, and what you've been saying. And what I've been reading.

I just wanted an "official" statement for the "truth or myth" wiki!

Now, another myth can be put to rest.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Yes, I know thats what you said, and what you've been saying. And what I've been reading.

I just wanted an "official" statement for the "truth or myth" wiki!

Now, another myth can be put to rest.
I give you the honor of adding it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I give you the honor of adding it.
uh........I don't know how..........
Old 02-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
uh........I don't know how..........
Be the Wiki. You have to create an account on the Wiki. Then just go to that topic and press Edit. From there it's pretty much like the forum but you are editing/adding what is already there.

Don't worry about making a mistake... everything is tracked and versioned on the Wiki so pages can be recovered or rolled back to previous versions.

BOb
Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I didn't create an account, but was able to add the info.

Would you check and see if it 'right'? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I don't see it. Where did you add it?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't see it. Where did you add it?
It didn't post. I tried creating an account, and got this message.

Login error:
There is no user by the name "desertgrandma". Check your spelling, or [[Special:UserLogin/signup|create a new account]].

I don't exist!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

That's not something I can do. (As far as I know)

Is there some type of email/confirmation system? Did you do that?

I don't recall because I got an account a long time ago.

BOb
Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

You can add to the page without an account. It just uses your IP address instead. I think you'll have to type in one of those wacky looking codes to prove you're not a bot before it saves the page.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Added to Wiki. Let me know if its okay?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
The X-ray may not "damage" the Kindle but if you put it through too many times, it may not be able to have any more baby Kindles.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Added to Wiki. Let me know if its okay?
See... that wasn't so hard now was it. I just changed the formatting to match the rest of the page and added and link back to the post with the reply from Amazon but everything else is the same.

Good job!