Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #1621
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxtrtr View Post
Will this be updated to work with the Kindle touch at some point?
Nope. Blame Amazon for that.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #1622
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesse View Post
For tag, and if no tags author sort, use a custom column with this:

{tags:'ifempty($,field("author_sort"))'}
thank you
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #1623
cmcanulty
cmcanulty began at the beginning.

Device: none
books with no file

When I try to organize my collections in Calibre I always have to sort through hundreds of "books with no file" is there a way to get rid of all that mess?
I am attaching a screenshot there are hundreds of them and I don't know what they are. And there are hundreds in every collection I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2012-06-29 16:19:06.png
Views:	264
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	88783  
Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1624
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
thank you
Originally Posted by Vaesse
For tag, and if no tags author sort, use a custom column with this:

{tags:'ifempty($,field("author_sort"))'}

I must be doing something wrong because it still creates on the kindle two folders, one for the tag and one for the author name.
I want only one folder in case of tag, I tried playing with the ignore options but i just made a mess of it
any ideas?
thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #1625
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ninki - did you make sure that the *only* column you have configured to create a collection for is your new custom column? And you are restarting your Kindle after right? If you still can't figure it out, post your collection report in a spoiler so we can see your settings.
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #1626
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
When I try to organize my collections in Calibre I always have to sort through hundreds of "books with no file" is there a way to get rid of all that mess?
I am attaching a screenshot there are hundreds of them and I don't know what they are. And there are hundreds in every collection I have.
meme explains 'Book with no file' here
Old 07-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #1627
fishwithsticks
fishwithsticks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm having a problem. I've used this plug-in for a long time and LOVE it. It has made my life SO much easier.

However, I'm having a problem in that any books coming from Amazon as an AZW3 format are not sorting into the collections. Doesn't matter how I tag them or create the collections or how many times I restart my Kindle. It's only for the AZW3 books, though. Any books I send to my kindle as the AZW format sorts fine.

Suggestions?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #1628
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwithsticks View Post
However, I'm having a problem in that any books coming from Amazon as an AZW3 format are not sorting into the collections. Doesn't matter how I tag them or create the collections or how many times I restart my Kindle. It's only for the AZW3 books, though. Any books I send to my kindle as the AZW format sorts fine.
There is a hard-coded list of valid file extensions in the code, and azw3 isn't on it. It should be straightforward to to add (you could unzip the plugin file, edit the code, and rezip if you wanted), so I will look to post an update at some point.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #1629
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwithsticks View Post
I'm having a problem. I've used this plug-in for a long time and LOVE it. It has made my life SO much easier.

Suggestions?
azw3 format (= kf8) is not readable by kindle keyboard/k3, only the touch and fire.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #1630
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
azw3 format (= kf8) is not readable by kindle keyboard/k3, only the touch and fire.
I think the Kindle4(non-touch) also has kf8 support now.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #1631
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I'm not having much success with this plugin so far.
It sorts all the books into collections per series, but not into 1 author collection.
Something has happened now and if I click manually edit collections, it says all Clive Cusslers books 'have no file'. What does that mean please?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #1632
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JollyRoger - forget about Edit Collections - I gave you instructions for what you need to do on the other thread. As for books with no file - the topic is discussed twice on this page already - look at posts 1623 and 1626.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #1633
ElkorAlish
ElkorAlish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Cool Hey everybody, new to this forum

but extremely tired of browsing through tons of pages and would very much like to organize them into collections, (but not one at a time!)
seems to me this plugin will suit my needs

however, and perhaps I'm missing something obvious.. calibre >=.0.8.6 is required to install but on calibre-ebook.com they list the most recent version (released Jul 6) as .0.8.59

so I'm kind of baffled here as obviously there are quite a few people who do have this working.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #1634
kiwidude

Think of 0.8.6 as 0.8.06 i.e. 53 versions behind the current version.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #1635
ElkorAlish
ElkorAlish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Think of 0.8.6 as 0.8.06 i.e. 53 versions behind the current version.
OK, can do that (even thought of that before posting). But the installer still kicks me out for version number.

Perhaps it's trying to read registry data and does not like the "portable" install of calibre?
Closed Thread