Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up My e-book Thanksgiving list

Just posted the list of things I'm thankful for in the e-book industry this year over at TeleRead. (Mobileread gets a mention.

http://www.teleread.org/2009/11/26/m...ksgiving-list/

What e-book things are you thankful for this year?
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm definitely thankful for mobileread Yes, Gutenberg and related projects are incredible as is the move to epub.

But when the publishing industry and DRM rule the roost there's not a whole lot more to be honest - their crappy geographical restrictions, limitations on lending books to my friends, poor pricing structures and delayed releases on ebooks etc. still annoying!

But it is thanksgiving, so I'll ignore that and say I am also thankful for ebook price wars and for the innovation that ebook readers are starting to show.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Like the list.
Nice to see some positivity - I left a comment and sent you some Karma - Its like Christmas came early!
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-books, holidays, industry, teleread, thanksgiving