Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Calibre 0.4.89 won't start

Hi there,

I just upgraded my install to the latest version. I was previously running a bzr build from around the time of 0.4.83. Calibre attempts to start with the new version, asks for the folder where to store my books. When I select I briefly see the Calibre GUI window pop up but it disappears almost right away.

Console output:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.89', 'gui_scripts', 'calibre')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1252, in main
    main = Main(single_instance, opts)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 236, in __init__
    number_of_books = db.migrate_old(self.olddb, pd)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 999, in migrate_old
    self.conn.execute('INSERT INTO %s VALUES(%s)'%(table, ','.join(repeat('?', len(row)))), row)
sqlite3.IntegrityError: PRIMARY KEY must be unique
I can see that it doesn't like something about my old DB file. I tried moving the db file somewhere else and re-ran calibre but had a similar error so not sure what to think. This is on Linux btw.

Thanks,

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Delete the file metadata.db and try again
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
That seemed to work but my library has disappeared. Not a huge deal as I only had a few books in it as I don't have a reader yet. But I did have some nice metadata entered in for them. :-(
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
delete metadata.db, replace library.db in its original location. Delete global.py in ~/.config/calibre and rerun
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote