Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
Agreed.
Or, even better...moved to a wiki page...maybe there already is one? I mean MR has it's own wiki, there are links up top. I never even thought to look!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
yup...I think all that needs done is for someone to add to the wiki here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-bo...mparison_Sites

maybe the additon of an "ebook finder sites" as a companion set of links to the ebook price finder links (many of the same sites)
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've moved this thread to the "Deals and Resources" section, because it lists some useful resources. And I've made it a sticky.

Do feel free to make a wiki page with the information.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #19
Elvira
Enthusiast
Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
awesome list of links here... thank you everyone!
Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #20
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the list
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
watershawl
Enthusiast
watershawl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks colinsky! I've used addall.com before for ISBN book searches, but I didn't know it had an ebook search function. This is a resourceful thread!
watershawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #22
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Is there an ebook-search-with-geographic-restrictions-marked engine out there? ie, I search for '"terry pratchett" available: Australia'. Or is that sort of information just too ridiculously difficult to get hold of automatically? (God knows it's hard enough to get manually, at times!)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Is there an ebook-search-with-geographic-restrictions-marked engine out there? ie, I search for '"terry pratchett" available: Australia'. Or is that sort of information just too ridiculously difficult to get hold of automatically? (God knows it's hard enough to get manually, at times!)
Amazon does that.. you log in (or even just open the website) and they show book only available in Australia... I rarely use it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #24
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Amazon does that.. you log in (or even just open the website) and they show book only available in Australia... I rarely use it.
Yeah, I was thinking more of a site like Inkmesh, that I could go to and type in a book title and my location, and have it tell me which stores are selling it to my region. It's frustrating to go to an ebook site, find where it's available, and then trawl through each site discovering that it's unavailable to Australia
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #25
honey
Banned
honey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aha,i don't know this site before,but seems great.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
olivelove
olivelove began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
what is the best site for books on the ipad?
olivelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #27
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivelove View Post
what is the best site for books on the ipad?
Hi, olivelove.

I don't have an ipad, but the MR Wiki has a page of information that also has booksites listed.

You can also check the Apple forum that has this sticky (at the top of the page) - FAQs for iPad with a heavy dose of civility with lots of information and post # 3 has information that may be useful also.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookbee View Post
I've also built one at ebookAnt.com - would welcome any feedback! At the moment we have about 450,000 titles, including mags and etextbooks too.
and you use mobileread's wiki presentation of ereader-matrix ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #29
blueeyes
blueeyes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
how do i get my kobo to down load from ellora's cave step please by step my kobo 4 days old. any easy way to some free ebooks {like the cave?} thanks from blueeyes in P.E.I. CANADA
blueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 AM   #30
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Welcome blueeyes. I took a brief look at Ellora's Cave and it seems that they do not have ePUB books (the format Kobo uses best, PDF's being problematic without reflow). You can though download the html versions and then convert them into ePUBs using Calibre. They can then be put onto your Kobo reader. There is no 2 second step by step, so take a look at the Calibre forum, download the program, read the guide etc. If this is too difficult, download the PDF versions, use the Kobo horizontally and see if that is good enough.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote