Old 05-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Kobo Cases

http://www.etsy.com/shop/hobop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory?section_id=6673412

I am sure they will custom make them to fit the Kobo, I have asked Rogue Theory and they said they would...
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
ava0775
ava0775 began at the beginning.

Sweet! Thanks!
ava0775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ava0775 View Post
Sweet!
Really! These are nice.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do make for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do make for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
Do you have a link to a picture of the type of case you are looking for? I am exploring different ideas for a protective cover.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do sleeve just for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
I totally agree. A sleeve is useless when the reader is out of the sleeve. A proper cover give some means of protection while the reader is being used while the sleeve just sits there and is useless. Plus, these sleeves will be a waste of money as they won't fit the reader with a cover once the owner realizes that the sleeve was a mistake and gets a real cover.

As to holding the reader, I do feel that the cover for my 505 makes it easier to hold one handed.

Sleeve that do not fit the reader with a cover are a total waste of money and mostly useless.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Do you have a link to a picture of the type of case you are looking for? I am exploring different ideas for a protective cover.

That is the sort of cover needed for all eink readers.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Yah, I want one like that.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
Jon, I'm pretty sure he not referring to the standard Sony case. I find the book style OK, and I'm not quite sure how the flip-top stand kind of case would work. I'd like to see a picture of it, and then think about it for myself.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
ava0775
ava0775 began at the beginning.

M-Edge has various flip cases on their website for various readers and the iPad. I hope they'll release a line soon for Kobo.
ava0775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Jon, I'm pretty sure he not referring to the standard Sony case. I find the book style OK, and I'm not quite sure how the flip-top stand kind of case would work. I'd like to see a picture of it, and then think about it for myself.
The book type case is the only case that will give the reader some measure of protection when you are using the reader or have it not in a sleeve. Also, I find the book type cover makes it easier to actually hold the reader in one hand.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hi Techie: I couldn't find the exact case I have on a quick search for you. I'm sure it must be there somewhere. I'll take a harder look around for you later. Meantime, my case is pretty similar to this one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Lea..._ob_ce_title_3. I can't recommend the flip-top highly enough. I still have an 'open-book' cover for my Sony, but (I tried it yesterday just to see) it feels so darned awkward to hold; almost as cumbersome as a traditional hard back. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Quote:
Hi Techie: I couldn't find the exact case I have on a quick search for you. I'm sure it must be there somewhere. I'll take a harder look around for you later. Meantime, my case is pretty similar to this one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Lea..._ob_ce_title_3. I can't recommend the flip-top highly enough. I still have an 'open-book' cover for my Sony, but (I tried it yesterday just to see) it feels so darned awkward to hold; almost as cumbersome as a traditional hard back. Cheers. Neil
That looks like a great case! I just got my Turqouise Roots Sleeve in the mail today, I love it, but yours is much more useful!
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have sent an inquiry off to the makers of the Tuff Love to see if they would consider making one for the Kobo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I have sent an inquiry off to the makers of the Tuff Love to see if they would consider making one for the Kobo
I heard back from the Tuff Love people; expect to see cases for the Kobo from them in about 6 weeks.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote