Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #91
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Congratulations, you must have much better vision than I do. I just kept squinting at it and got tired with a headache. I think the idea is great, but execution is lacking.
Same here.
After the brief test of IE and such, I assume:
You probably could show a PowerPoint presentation without much problems.
Normally, those won't be text intensive and should be fine.
But I probably wouldn't write any Word documents or build gigantic Excel-Sheets on it.
Not even because of the quality of the screen, but simply because of the resolution/screen size.
To some extent, I'm using my Dell Latitude 10 for Excel. Resolution is only 1366 x 768, but display is about twice the size of course. But of course it's more effective on the better screen of Surface Pro.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #92
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have no problem showing a PP presentation from my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 connected to a projector over WiFi using Polaris Office. I just wouldn't create the presentation on that device, but it is fine for making last minute changes and so. I guess I could show it directly on the screen in a small setting, two or three other people is my guess. I just don't see a lot of creation being done on anything smaller than 10", but consuming it is a different bird.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #93
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dell Venue 8 Pro

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-BEL...s=dell+venue+8

I guess, I'll take a look at that, as soon as it's available in Germany.
I like my Dell Latitude 10 a lot. If that's any kind of indicator about the quality to expect, Venue 8 would be highly interesting for me. The 8" size is quite tempting...And for that price it's a steal...

Last edited by mgmueller; 10-21-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-BEL...s=dell+venue+8

I guess, I'll take a look at that, as soon as it's available in Germany.
I like my Dell Latitude 10 a lot. If that's any kind of indicator about the quality to expect, Venue 8 would be highly interesting for me. The 8" size is quite tempting...And for tat price it's a steal...
I really don't think I'd want anything smaller than my Surface Pro.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #95
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I have an ACER that is a 10'' Android Tablet as my personal computer. I don't need to do too much heavy office stuff on it at all and I have a (paid) app that lets me create a Word doc. I can view PDFs and Excels. I have a bluetooth keyboard that works well.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #96
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really don't think I'd want anything smaller than my Surface Pro.
Not for the "heavy" stuff.
But for now, I'm all about Windows 8 tablets.
And as a travel companion, 8" would be nice.
My Dell Latitude 10 even would be light enough for reading, but definitely too bulky.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #97
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Gotta love it when they get specs from devices mixed together (either that or they're talking about the box it comes in):

Item Weight 5.8 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H 16.40 x 10.55 x 3.89 inches

Although they do have the 5.8 pound part in upper description as well as the "specs".
robko is offline   Reply With Quote