Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Sigil behaves funny after Microsoft office update

I was converting a word doc into html and opening the file in Sigil. I noticed that the html only displays up to a certain point and then stops. I clearly see the the rest of the doc in the browser but not Sigil. So I got another older doc, converted to html and the same thing.

When things like this happen I always try to think of something I did that would cause this. Only thing I come up with is I upgraded my office word software to 14.2.4

I'm on a Mac

So when I looked at the html doc in code view inside Sigil I see a TON of codes that I never saw before:

here is the header info

<meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId" />
<meta content="Microsoft Word 14" name="Generator" />
<meta content="Microsoft Word 14" name="Originator" />
<link href="SuzeBook%202012_files/filelist.xml" rel="File-List" />
<link href="SuzeBook%202012_files/editdata.mso" rel="Edit-Time-Data" /><!--[if !mso]>
<style>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style>

right after this there are thousands of lines

the rest of the code is in a rtf doc in the attached. I have NO IDEA how this was generated, it seems every doc I open in word that I convert to html has all of this.

any help?

can't be just me.

R
Attached Files
File Type: rtf unknowncodefrom wordmac.rtf (45.5 KB, 119 views)
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Turn off the HTML Tidy feature in Sigil.
I think it got toggled on by default in one of the recent updates.
I'm sure its mother loves it :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

This is absolutely killing me! Now this is the second microsoft word .docx that I received, I converted to an html doc in Office for Mac 2011, then opened the html in Sigil and I only see up to a certain point then the body ends after a a few pages when I know the doc is at least 80 pages.

Just for argument sake I took the same docx file and opened it in my PC in word saved as html in word, I can clearly see the entire document saved correctly but when I open it in Sigil on my PC I get the same exact problem.

Can I send this word doc for somebody else to try this as this is absurd and never happened to me until a few days ago, did download a Msft upgrade for my Mac but not my PC so why would this be happening.

I attached the word docx in question, can someone please try to open this in Sigil?
Attached Files
File Type: zip All_Math_Problems-1.docx.zip (1.20 MB, 104 views)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
ralphiedee
Zealot

I uploaded the wrong file the correct attachment file name is
All_Verbal_Questions.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip All_Verbal_questions.docx.zip (457.4 KB, 86 views)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
ralphiedee
Zealot

Now I see if I select web page filtered on my pc version of word I can open the html doc in Sigil and see the entire doc.

Now I see if I choose "save only display information " from the dialogue in word for Mac now I get to see the whole doc.
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Saving as Filtered Html (with an older version of Word), I'm able to see the entire document in Sigil. It's not pretty or anything, but it's all there. I never attempt to open anything other than Word's Filtered Html output with Sigil. The "regular" word html output has always been just silly-stupid, overly complicated and filled with extraneous code.

Regardless ... it's not really an issue for Sigil if a Word update affected Word's ability to export coherent html.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
ralphiedee
Zealot

yes, correct as I just tried that option too. Now I need to see how to save on Word for mac as there is no filtered, just "Save only display information into html" option

gotta check that as this has to be it.

R
Old 10-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
ralphiedee
Zealot

Corrected the problem, thx

RD