Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
"cleaning up" extended metadata

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to Calibre.

In previous versions, when I added books to Calibre and then opened the file in mobi2mobi GUI, I would see that Calibre had cleaned up the extended metadata, getting rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff (drm server, commerce ID, etc.). In the current version, this no longer seems to be the case. Am I correct, and is there any way to get this functionality back, maybe through a plugin?

Thanks.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to Calibre.

In previous versions, when I added books to Calibre and then opened the file in mobi2mobi GUI, I would see that Calibre had cleaned up the extended metadata, getting rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff (drm server, commerce ID, etc.). In the current version, this no longer seems to be the case. Am I correct, and is there any way to get this functionality back, maybe through a plugin?

Thanks.

AFAIK Calibre will not mess with your existing meta-data unless you MANUALLY cause it to

To delete 'excess tags'
1) Use the Tag Browser: Right click (I think you can figure it out )
2) Pick a book, any book Open the Metadata editor: Open the tag editor:
Select the un-wanted tags from the list (NB must not be in use by this title),
use the recycle button ON THE LEFT
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
convert from mobi to mobi that will strip out most proprietary amazon metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

deleted, never mind!

Last edited by whitearrow; 02-06-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
convert from mobi to mobi that will strip out most proprietary amazon metadata.
Ahh thank you! For some reason I thought it happened upon import.
Advert