Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A very good set of offers today, especially if you like detective fiction. Highlight is perhaps an omnibus of Sue Grafton's first three "alphabet" books for £1.69.

After going through the list properly I've bought 11 13 books from today's offers .

Last edited by HarryT; 12-30-2012 at 05:54 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:48 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Couple of the Mammoth short story collections in today's list, as well (two SF and a Regency romance).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm NOT buying. I'm not buying anything* until 1st February!

*Well, except for the February Baen Monthly Bundle.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Couple of the Mammoth short story collections in today's list, as well (two SF and a Regency romance).
More than a couple . There's:

The Mammoth Book of Haunted House Stories
The Mammoth Book of Mindblowing SF
The Mammoth Book of Apocalyptic SF
Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances
The Mammoth Book of Street Art
The Mammoth Book of Dickensian Whodunnits (I bought this one!)
The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance

All at 99p.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #20
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I managed to restrain myself again. I'm very tempted by the Sue Grafton, but I bought A is for Alibi in a previous sale and haven't read it yet. Do I really need two more? It'll still be there tomorrow if I change my mind.

I did buy four full-agency-priced books from my wish list, though, as a seasonal treat.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I managed to restrain myself again. I'm very tempted by the Sue Grafton, but I bought A is for Alibi in a previous sale and haven't read it yet. Do I really need two more? It'll still be there tomorrow if I change my mind.

I did buy four full-agency-priced books from my wish list, though, as a seasonal treat.
I'm ashamed to admit that, since the various sales began on 21st Dec (that was the Gateway SF one) I've either bought or downloaded as freebies 129 books ! I shall have to restrain my book buying over the next few months, I think.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I totally failed (again ) to restrain myself. Book diet in January, I think.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm NOT buying. I'm not buying anything* until 1st February!

*Well, except for the February Baen Monthly Bundle.
Better buy it quick - odds are it will disappear at least by the 15th, if not the 5th, of January.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
More than a couple . There's:

The Mammoth Book of Haunted House Stories
The Mammoth Book of Mindblowing SF
The Mammoth Book of Apocalyptic SF
Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances
The Mammoth Book of Street Art
The Mammoth Book of Dickensian Whodunnits (I bought this one!)
The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance

All at 99p.
Ok, I actually ignored two (I had), one I didn't want and the romances i bunched into one. That still left me a couple....

Might have to recheck the steampunk romance and whodunnits, though.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Better buy it quick - odds are it will disappear at least by the 15th, if not the 5th, of January.
I will be buying it in early January. But that's the only thing I'm buying in January, apart from pre-paid subscriptions!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Very little of interest to me today. Lots of history books on offer.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #27
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very little of interest to me today. Lots of history books on offer.
did you see Zombie Apocalypse! (Mammoth Books)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zombie-Apoca.../dp/B008O58DUM

ETA: only problem is, it is apparently a Kindle Fire only selection.

Last edited by koland; 01-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Top quality SciFi (with a little Fantasy added, as with most of his books) available today: The Reality Dysfunction by Peter Hamilton for £1.09

Last edited by murraypaul; 01-01-2013 at 07:50 PM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Top quality SciFi (with a little Fantasy added, as with most of his books) available today: The Reality Dysfunction by Peter Hamilton for £1.09
You can't tempt me (.... I already have it! so there!).
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Good day today. Bought the Peter Hamilton already referred to, Mary Beard's "Pompeii: The Life of a Roman Town", and 6 detective/thriller type books.

Tags
deal, kindle