Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Exclamation Reader frozen

My reader has been frozen for over 24 hours. I've tried reset with a push pin. I've tried reset with push pin and sliding power bar. Nothing works. Yesterday the light would glow orange solid. Now it only blinks for a sec while holding the power bar. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides waiting for the battery to die?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi BeccaAnn,

That has happened to me too-when I let the charge run down. I let it charge via computer USB and eventually the red light went out and it was working again. I think I may have tried the wall charger first but it didn't help. Maybe it needs to "reset" on the computer.

Karen
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Let it charge overnight, and then do a hard reset.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...der#Hard_Reset
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Charging it, preferably with a PSP-style, yellow-barrel-tip mains-charager is good advice.

But Normally a Hard-Reset isn't necessary, but unlike any other electronic device, the screen of an e-ink reader won't go blank on pressing the reset button.
Rather than that, the last image displayed will stay on screen for an infinite amount of time!

So don't forget to switch it on again.

Quote:
besides waiting for the battery to die?
Even then the image on screen wouldn't change, but stay infinite.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 06-14-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Nothing has worked. I still have the same screen as when it froze. I've tried the charging w/yellow tip. Using a paperclip to try resetting; paperclip holding power button. I'd do a hard reset, but the screen doesn't change to say starting up. I guess this reader is dead. My computer doesn't even recogonize it.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Nothing has worked. I still have the same screen as when it froze. I've tried the charging w/yellow tip. Using a paperclip to try resetting; paperclip holding power button. I'd do a hard reset, but the screen doesn't change to say starting up. I guess this reader is dead. My computer doesn't even recogonize it.
It's possible your battery is finished... Mine died a few weeks ago and I guess there are a number of others that are 4 years old, have seen extensive use and are about to die. Oh well, I now have a shiny, new T1, and this is your perfect excuse to get one too. It appears that there's still a few Targets out there that have the odd one left at $39. That's cheaper than a replacement battery if you could get one

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-15-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
sounds like a dead battery. reader will be fine after you replace the battery. happend to me too
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
BeccaAnn
Groupie

I've bought a another 505 and this one works fine. Thanks for your help. I couldn't afford a T-1 and I really couldn't wait to save the money to purchase one. One week w/out my reader was way too long.