Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Dirk2718
Enthusiast
Dirk2718 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Touch (5.1.0)
How to put calibre options in the cloud?

Hallo Everybody,

because I´m using calibre on different PC´s, I sync my calibre bibliography to a cloud (SugarSync), which works very well.
The only problem is, that every calibre installation has different options and plugins. Is it possible to sync all these options to the cloud, so that I have the same installation on every computer?

Thank you and best regards
Dirk
Dirk2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk2718 View Post
The only problem is, that every calibre installation has different options and plugins. Is it possible to sync all these options to the cloud, so that I have the same installation on every computer?
Use the Portable version of Calibre and put the Calibre Portable directory and all subdirectories in the cloud.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

Is it necessary to sync the whole portable version (126 MB), or is it enough to sync the directories "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings"?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In theory one could omit syncing the binaries as well. However doing so would avoid the need to update them separately on each machine whenever an update came out.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

You´re right!

Thank you!
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk2718 View Post
is it enough to sync the directories "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings"?
Before Kovid came out with the portable version I did exactly as you ask, I put the library and settings in the cloud, which worked great as long as all of your machines had the same paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Use the Portable version of Calibre and put the Calibre Portable directory and all subdirectories in the cloud.
I second putting it all in the cloud. I've used calibre portable in Dropbox since Kovid released the portable version. It works great and as itimpi states I only have to upgrade calibre portable on one machine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

Now I put the whole portable version in the cloud. It is really easier to update only one version.

Thanks!