Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
kjnelan
kjnelan began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Question Pandigital Novel ereader specs

Hi there,

The FAQ did not specify where to put or send this information, so I hope it's okay I put it here.

I just bought a new Pandigital Novel (http://pandigital.net/search.asp?productid=392) and would like help the project by providing both outputs for Windows and Linux.

This reader stores files in a folder called "eBooks" (yes there was an uppercase 'B') and stores all files in the same directory (it does not support multiple folders under that folder), and the cover MUST BE the same name as the file. (I think right now Calibre uses cover.jpg because they are all stored in separate folders.) When using an additional memory card, all files can just be dumped into the root of the memory card, but again with the same naming conventions.

Right now the Novel only supports PDF and EPUB, but when I spoke with Pandigital, they stated they would be working on support for other extentions and formats.

I'm not sure what other information I could provide other than the outputs (which are attached) and the website. Those will give better information than I can at the moment. I'm still playing with the reader...

I again apologize if I've put this post in the wrong area, and thank you for all the hard work you all have done on such a wonderful program.
Attached Files
File Type: txt outputlinuxdevicedetectionpandigital.txt (1.8 KB, 462 views)
File Type: txt outputwindowsdevicedetectionpandigital.txt (2.0 KB, 541 views)
kjnelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
kjnelan

Wow!!!

First and foremost, may I say thank you for so quickly supporting the Pandigital Novel. Alls I can say is WOW!!!

Just a quick note on testing out the new driver, is that the cards were a bit backwards. I know it seems like this new reader should have the larger of the Memory cards as the internal memory, but alas, its not. So the cards were just backwards. The one that shows up as card a is actually the internal card and the books should be going into the eBook directory, and the one showing up as reader is actually the external card.

But otherwise bloody fantastic is all I can say!!! It worked so well right off the crack of the bat (cept of course for the little... )

I know I can't do much, but I will throw my support your way!!!

Kudos and thank you!!!!

Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the drives were swapped in linux or windows or both? And you're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
kjnelan

<grins from embarrassment> Did I forget to check that out??? My apologies, I was so excited about the update...

Linux is my primary OS so the above message was regarding the linux driver.

After installing Calibre on my windows 7 loaded laptop (32 bit ver fully updated) I had to reboot. That's the first time that's ever happened. After rebooting, I hooked up the Novel, and it again worked flawlessly!!!! The windows version seems to have it right though with the memory cards in the right places, and the internal memory is the default as it should be.

I guess that means the problem was only the linux version of the driver.

It did read correctly the books I had already installed from the other box (I network the calibre ebook folder so that both the windows and linux versions read from the same directory on the network drive and it works just fine for both boxes.)

Again, thank you ever so much!!! I know it wasn't much, but supporting this wonderful program was important to me!!!! I'll support more when I am able!!! I will also post this wonderful project on my FB page, personal website, blog... heck... I'll even wear a sign on my back for you guys!!!! You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't have said thank you enough, but...

thank you!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
mshiscool
mshiscool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony505-iPodTouch-Aluratek Libre-PD Novel-KindleforPC-Augen TheBook
NEVERMIND>>> I got the answer from another Calibre user/fan....
I, too, am happy to see Pandigital support, but... when I connect my PD via USB, Calibre tells me I have no device connected. I am certain the connection to the computer is okay, since I can see the PDN in the My Computer menu and can access all the files...

I am able to "save to disk" and can choose either internal memory or SD memory on the PDN from that drop down menu... just can't "send to device"...

What am I doing wrong, or is save to disk what I should be doing?

Using windows 7 and Pandigital OS.

Please re-direct me, if this is not an appropriate question or not the appropriate place to ask. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mshiscool; 07-09-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Got the answer from another source
mshiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you post the output from mount when the device is connected in calibre in linux
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote