Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #61
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You Math Majors
Can we keep it simple please.

I flunked Calculus
I flunked Algebra. Twice.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #62
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
New release available (0.7.903)

Beta 0.7.903 is available.

New features:
- the template stuff mentioned earlier:
- epub tweak described on the forum (GRiker)
- the first half of an automatic 'backup' scheme. Calibre now writes an opf to the book directory whenever metadata changes. At some point a facility will be provided to rebuild the database from a library's folder hierarchy, using these OPF files. (Kovid)
- Tweak to control which custom fields the content server will display
- improvements in performance when writing the metadata cache
- all the changes made to the standard release

Download from http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/betas/
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #63
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
903 on windows XP

On device status has glitched in this release:

Shortly after plugging my Astak PP, the On device column appears (empty).
The scan task is still running at this time.

The task ends without error (message).
The column is still empty. The SD CARD shows the books are "In Library" as expected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #64
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
903 on windows XP

On device status has glitched in this release:

Shortly after plugging my Astak PP, the On device column appears (empty).
The scan task is still running at this time.

The task ends without error (message).
The column is still empty. The SD CARD shows the books are "In Library" as expected
I have tried to repeat this using the folder device and my Sony, with no luck at all.

1) Have you tried sorting on the ondevice column?
2) If you check the book known to be the same as the book 'in library', does it have nothing on it?
3) Try doing a bulk metadata edit, change nothing, and hit OK. Do the books get marked?
4) Is automatic management turned on? If not, try turning it on (unless you have a reason not to).

Edit: I just tried it on my Sony with automatic management turned off. It works. Does anyone else have this problem? @theducks: can you run in debug mode and post the connection log?

Last edited by chaley; 09-25-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1) Have you tried sorting on the ondevice column?
Yes still empty (s/b 1100 tick marks)

2) If you check the book known to be the same as the book 'in library', does it have nothing on it?
Browsing SDCard library in Calibre, selecting a title, and View shows book in Calibre's reader

3) Try doing a bulk metadata edit, change nothing, and hit OK. Do the books get marked? No change

4) Is automatic management turned on? If not, try turning it on (unless you have a reason not to).
Was OFF, Turned to Automatic (Isn't this a Sony only setting?) No change when connecting.

Spoiler:
Starting up...
Started up in 5.81200003624
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: Q:\
DEBUG: 0.3 USBMS: count found in cache: 6, count of files in metadata: 6, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 0.3 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= carda
DEBUG: 0.3 USBMS: dirs are: P:\
DEBUG: 51.7 USBMS: count found in cache: 1133, count of files in metadata: 1133, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 51.7 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= carda
DEBUG: 51.7 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= cardb
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 59.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 74.0 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
get_metadata cache: 1187 calls, 99.83% misses

NOTE: rebooted PC (because I was having trouble getting to MR only)

It now works as expected. Something is odd
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #66
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
NOTE: rebooted PC (because I was having trouble getting to MR only)

It now works as expected. Something is odd
So it works now? Good for me, but odd in general.

The next feature calibre is the automatic reboot on update.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
So it works now? Good for me, but odd in general.

The next feature calibre is the automatic reboot on update.
I did a couple after Uninstalling 902 andinstalling 903
I also believe I saw checkmarks last night (after update).
Gremlins. We have M$ Gremlins
Old 09-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #68
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I did my best, but couldn't find any errors in the 903 beta. Everything works as expected, including the OPF creation (I peeked under Calibres skirt, now I feel dirty... )

Great work to all of you. 0.7.21 is going to be great.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #69
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I don't know if this was beta's fault or not.

I just used the beta 0.7.903 to send a load of books to my device, and it wiped the existing collections, and only wrote the newly sent collections.

I'm pretty sure they were intact beforehand.

Edit: I just sent some more books to device and the existing collections were wiped, and only new ones written

Edit2: Metadat management set to 'Only on send', whether that would make any difference?

Last edited by Perkin; 09-25-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #70
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Initial look at 0.7.903. I have a 4000+ book library and you need to let folks know that upon first start up the opf files will be written to each book's folder. This will take a while and impact the smooth flow of calibre while it takes place.

Scrolling through the cover browser is choppy during this time as is scrolling through the library view. I expect this to be a 1 time thing and will continue testing after all of the opf files are written.

The fact that I use Dropbox makes it even more resource dragging since I am now syncing all 4000+ opf files to the cloud. Fortunately I'm doing this at work so the sync will be almost as quick as the creating of the opf files themselves.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-25-2010 at 08:39 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #71
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@dwanthny: 903 is limited to writing 5 OPF files per second. I'll decrease that to one per second, which should make it smoother.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #72
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@dwanthny: 903 is limited to writing 5 OPF files per second. I'll decrease that to one per second, which should make it smoother.
Sounds like a plan.

Just for the record I was using a moderately powered Dell laptop, running Windows XP SP3, with 3.5 gigs of ram and a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 (2M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB).
Old 09-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is the writing to dropbox, which takes a long time, I've actually moved that into a separate thread, so the problem should go away.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #74
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The problem is the writing to dropbox, which takes a long time, I've actually moved that into a separate thread, so the problem should go away.
Interesting, I would have thought initially writing data to the dropbox is the same as writing to anywhere else on the hard drive. Still sounds like a good solution.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #75
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Interesting, I would have thought initially writing data to the dropbox is the same as writing to anywhere else on the hard drive. Still sounds like a good solution.
I didn't notice any significant slowdown on a 1000 book test library, which is why I'm guessing it is the dropbox write.