Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex iLiad rumor mill continues to spin

David Branko (sorry dudes, you both rock!) over at Teleread received a little info tidbit which claims that the iRex iLiad e-book reader is currently being mass-produced in the Phillipines. What's more, Adobe is said to be working on a plugin allowing "to make on-screen corrections" on the iLiad. And best of all, and this is certainly the reason for all the delays, meant to convince the few still in doubt to shell out those 700 bucks, is the rumored implementation of the game Sudoku.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
S u d o k u

Soduko rhymes eerily with Sadako :brrr:

but still....700 dolars for such a cool gadget...

:'(
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oups, thank you
Old 04-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
luag
Zealot

You're welcome...and if i remember correctly, isnt there an offer that if anyone can spot Alexander's typo, the person will be awarded with iLiad?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by luag
You're welcome...and if i remember correctly, isnt there an offer that if anyone can spot Alexander's typo, the person will be awarded with iLiad?

Almost right:

Anyone who can spot my typo (actually, to my embarrassment, there're a lot more than just one) will be awarded to buy an iLiad for Alex.
Advert
Old 04-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Hi, Alexander. Just to make clear, it's Branko Collin who did the iLiad post and deserves the credit. Thanks. Branko's doing a fantastic job of keeping up with iLiad news, and so, of course, are folks at MR! If you could relace my name in the main item with Branko's, that would be terrific.

Cheers,
David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well...hold your breath!

I have definite information!!!

The rumour about the delay due to hardware supplier problems is not true.

There is however some kind of problem with the "shopping baskedt" feature of the iRex webshop that is causing some delay. iRex believes that they will be able to fix it fast and taht the April release is still possible.

this information comes directly from Jörg Wrobel (www.ebookmedia.de) who seems to be well informed and was always right before. It's rather "fresh" info too, he sent the information to me at 17:33 (german time) and said it was "10 minutes old" (I guess he just called iRex that time).

I apologize for taking so long to bringt this info here, but I only got home at 21:30 and so had no chance to do so earlier. the person from iRex who said this was Mr. Ancin.

Here is the entire message from Jörg (I hope he doesn't mind if I post this...)

<<
Hallo Herr Rohde,
das mit dem zulieferer ist nicht korrekt. es gibt lediglich leichte schwierigkeiten mit dem gerade in der einrichtungsphase befindlichen WARENKORB, also dem "shopping cart" des online shops. es soll allerdings laut herrn ancin von iRex rechtzeitig behoben werden, sodaß dem april launch nichts im wege steht. diese infos sind 10 minuten alt.

zu den proprietären formaten wird allerdings keine auskunft gegeben, was mich persönlich etwas ärgert. vielleicht ist es wegen der konkurrenz (sony) odr sollte ich besser sagen mitstreiter.

ich hoffe, dass ich sie mit meiner auskunft zufrieden stellen konnte.
übrigens war der online shop von sony, also der sony connect store bereits für ein paar stunden online, wahrscheinlich zu testzwecken, oder man wollte nur sehen wieviel user in welcher zeit auf die eröffnung warten.
ich denke irex ist die bessere partie.

alle sind gespannt auf iRex und den launch des Iliad ER 0100 und der shop eröffnung und vor allem die features, die Iliad zu bieten hat.

also, bis dann
eBook Media - Jörg Morgan Wrobel
>>

It's in German, i'm too tired right now to translate, but I already pointed the relevant bit out.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #8
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the fix, Alexander--you guys rock too! - David (who's hardly infallible)
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:38 AM   #9
luag
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
That's right:

Anyone who can spot my typo (actually, to my embarrassment, there're a lot more than just one) will be awarded an iLiad from Alex.

thats better

it seems like i'll be able to write a review as an early adopter

Last edited by luag; 04-21-2006 at 06:02 AM.