Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Reader Library program problem on OS X

I have a new Macbook Pro, my old one died, I restored to a new username the new MB Pro. I did not get to de authorize the old computer.
The Reader Library software for Mac loads, shows as an open application but nothing displays other than the Reader Library name in the menu. Command Q won't quit the program, I can only Force Quit.
If I connect my PRS-505 it mounts in the Finder, Reader Library launches automatically, but, there is no Library window displayed and no way to find it.
I uninstalled the program, re downloaded and it won't work.
Any ideas for things to try? Thanks.

Sony PRS-505, Reader Library v3.3
Macbook Pro mid-2010 6,2 model, i7 processor
OS X 10.6.5
bobbyco57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, bobbyco57. The other thread link below might help you. The issue seems to be similar. I am not sure how you uninstalled the program, but there are a few extra steps you need to do to completely cleanup your system before reinstalling the software.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...er+library+mac

Also, I am not sure what you mean by restoring the new MBP to a new username. I recommend you stick with the same Sony & Adobe account names as before, especially since I assume your 505 is already registered to the previous accounts.

It's ok that you didn't get to deauthorize your old MBP that died. You are allowed to have two computers registered to your Sony account. When you get Reader Library going again and log into your old Sony account, then you should see both your old and new computers registered. All you have to do is call Sony support, explain the situation and the ask them to remove the old MBP.

Good luck! It's never fun setting up a new computer, especially when it was an unplanned event. You have inspired me to run a Time Machine backup later today!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Bookworm_Girl, Thank you, thank you so very much. The thread you sent me to address my problem exactly and the solution deleting specific folders before reinstalling Reader Library worked.

When I set up the new MB Pro I changed the name of the Primary User Account from what it was on the old MB Pro and that's caused me problems with a couple of programs, including Reader Library app for my PRS505. My backup was current and fine. Hope you ran your Time Machine backup this afternoon

Aloha, Bob
bobbyco57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Fantastic! Glad to hear it worked! I keep my eyes out for the Mac threads. I haven't upgraded my computer yet since I initially installed the Reader Library Mac-version. But, I figure sooner or later I'll run into the same issues myself...

Hope you like your new MBP. I'm jealous! I have the old-generation (2008 version) and am still using OS X 10.5.8.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac, os x, reader library software