Notices

Old 04-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Dajala
Enthusiast
Dajala began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS-505
PDB or PRC converters on Linux?

Hi all,

I'm just about to purchase an Asus Eee Pc (with Xandros Linux OS) to use as a convenient laptop replacement when I travel.

I don't want to use the Eee Pc as an ebook reader, but I do want to be able to convert my html ebooks into .pdb/.prc to read on my Palm Zire71 as required.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a converter that runs on Linux?

I'd love to be able to use Mobipocket because it's an all-in-one solution, but it isn't supported.

Dajala
Dajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17718 and have a read. It's a set of Perl scripts that you can run under Linux to convert HTML to Mobipocket and they do other things as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
You could also use plucker as a reader and the conversion programs for it:

http://www.plkr.org/
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote