Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Launchers that work on Fire/Fire HD?

Has anyone had success in using a launcher with either of the new Fire tablets? The reports I've seen suggest they either don't work at all, or that they work but with some limitations (can't remap Home button?). I've never used one myself, but can see the utility of using one, particularly if it confers more efficient task switching.

A number of reviews have expressed the 'lack of multitasking' as a negative (though it is actually 'lack of efficient task switching' they are complaining about—multitasking works as it does on any Android device). I tend to agree. For that matter, I'd like to see task switching on my Kindle Touch, so I never have to go Home!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ADW Launcher Ex is the only alternate I have that is working on the kfhd.

One can download it from 4shared.com. It will create an icon in the menu for apps after it is installed and opened. I keep it on the carousel for easy access.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
ADW Launcher Ex is the only alternate I have that is working on the kfhd.

One can download it from 4shared.com. It will create an icon in the menu for apps after it is installed and opened. I keep it on the carousel for easy access.
A second vote for ADW Launcher EX. Here's a screenshot of it running on my Stock KFHD 16.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-15-43-44.png
Views:	877
Size:	672.5 KB
ID:	93411  
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The home bar looks so great with it.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
A second vote for ADW Launcher EX. Here's a screenshot of it running on my Stock KFHD 16.
What is that picture of the phone App?

Can you load ADW on a KFHD that hasn't been rooted? It looks great.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
What is that picture of the phone App?

Can you load ADW on a KFHD that hasn't been rooted? It looks great.
I don't remember what the phone icon did. I removed it almost immediately after installing ADW.

And yes, ADW can be installed without rooting. My KFHD is NOT rooted. The downside to using a alternative launcher without rooting is that tapping the "home" button brings up the Kindle UI. But a quick tap of the ADW icon (which appears in the carousel) brings it right back. (I find that tapping the "back" button in an app will bring it back to ADW)

I don't mind this inconvenience since I like having the flexibility of going back to the stock UI and taking advantage of the Amazon services. (the Kindle reading app can only be launched from the Kindle UI).
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote