Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #736
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Just **HOW** did you install them?

"How" as in what steps you took, commands used, destinations of files, etc.
Like in: Details please.
1. JailBreak
2. pasted update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_install.bin and ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar in root
3. update in setting menu
Can you explain what happened?
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #737
sickopuppie
sickopuppie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hello,

I am trying to jailbreak your phone on my Paperwhite 2 using these instructions.

After extracting kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip to the root directory and updating it, my update your Kindle button is grayed out.

Can anyone help? It was at firmware 5.4.2.1

Thank you.
sickopuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #738
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@sickopuppie: Unplug the toaster first.

SCNR.

More to the point, and provided the jumble of devices you alluded to is a mistake, check the FAQ in the first post, that exact issue is covered in detail in it.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-23-2014 at 06:02 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #739
Nilmandir
Nilmandir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I just jailbroke my Paperwhite (Firmware 5.3.9) to put in some new screensavers and I don't have a linkss/screensavers folder. I searched through the thread and couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Nilmandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #740
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Nilmandir: Yup, you're in the JailBreak thread. JB ≠ ScreenSavers hack .

Check the dedicated thread.
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #741
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
Just reinstalled the jailbreak to my kindle touch and it worked flawlessly, thank you. It stopped working after that blasted infamous update 5.3.4 i think it was.. Also got the font hack to work again too.
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #742
WilfordGrimley
WilfordGrimley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 3G
Talking New Kindle Serial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Hello again
If you can't find your specific model in the current list of Kindle models, please reply to this thread with: the exact model of your device (WiFi/3G), the country it was bought in/shipped to, and finally, and most importantly, the first four characters of its serial number (Settings -> Device Info).
If you *do* find your model in that list, see the next answer .
I just got my new kindle in the mail.
It is a 3G PW2.
It was purchased and shipped to and from Canada.
The first four characters of its serial number are B0D6.

Cheers,
WilfordGrimley
WilfordGrimley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:50 AM   #743
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
PW2, on a new firmware (5.4.3):
jailbreak bridge - not lost;
usbNetwork - works.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #744
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@WilfordGrimley: Hurray! That was the last one, thanks .

Will update everything when I get back home, in a couple of hours.

@kaznelson: Thanks for checking .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-06-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #745
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@WilfordGrimley: I just updated the snapshots. They should now handle your device.

I'll update the 'stable' releases later this month.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #746
MarYo'lka
MarYo'lka began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
How to unistall Jailbreak 5.4.2.1 from device ?

After Jailbreaked KPW2 I unfortunately was delete two jailbreak folders. Then I think about unistall jailbreak and install it again
MarYo'lka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #747
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MarYo'lka: What folders? The K5 JB doesn't install anything user-visible.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #748
MarYo'lka

Sorry, if I good remember that was three folders
- python
- extensions
- linkss

Last edited by MarYo'lka; 03-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #749
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MarYo'lka: Those have nothing to do with the JailBreak. Just reinstall the corresponding hacks (Python, KUAL, whatever KUAL extensions you might have installed, and the ScreenSavers hack).
Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #750
MarYo'lka

Yeah ... I did it and it works Thx 4 help.
But I still think about... how to unistall jailbreak, so in the future.

Last edited by MarYo'lka; 03-07-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch