Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Rie142
Rie142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Unhappy All fixed . . . User error

Ok So I messed up totally. . . I did all this below. I created my three columns. Then I put in the plugboard template code. This all worked at one time. Now it isn't working.

I had recently added the GUI Plugin Kindle Collection. Did this not play nice with the custom columns? I uninstalled the GUI Plugin Kindle Collection. I am using Windows Vista home edition. I have never had a problem with this
Metadata: Put series into the title, using either initials or a shortened form. Strip leading articles from the series name (any) (inspired by Gary_M_Mugford)

Working before. Until I messed something up. If we can get it working again I will be so happy.

What it isn't doing is putting the series number in the title like the output should. Or adding the shortened series initials. Like this. Output: LotR [02] The Two Towers

Thanks for all the help. I not really computer savy but I can get help if needed. Thanks. Again

General Metadata

Metadata: Put series into the title, using either initials or a shortened form. Strip leading articles from the series name (any) (inspired by Gary_M_Mugford)
Spoiler:
The solution requires creating three composite columns. The first column is used to remove the leading articles. The second is used to compute the 'shorten' form. The third is to compute the 'initials' form. Once you have these columns, the plugboard selects between them. You can hide any or all of the three columns on the library view.

First column:
Code:

Name: #stripped_series. Template: {series:re(^(A|The|An)\s+,)||}

Second column (the shortened form):
Code:

Name: #shortened. Template: {#stripped_series:shorten(4,-,4)}

Third column (the initials form):
Code:

Name: #initials. Template: {#stripped_series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}

Plugboard expression:
Code:

Template:{#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,., #shortened,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] }{title}
Destination field: title

This set of fields and plugboard produces:
Series: The Lord of the Rings
Series index: 2
Title: The Two Towers
Output: LotR [02] The Two Towers

Last edited by Rie142; 06-24-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: I fixed the problem.
Rie142 is offline   Reply With Quote