Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
philandjan
Trainee Old Git
philandjan doesn't litterphilandjan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Oops! That was rude of me

Having already moved from Lurker to Member and posted a few posts, I have realised that I haven't been polite enough to introduce myself.

I am the Phil part of philandjan, so no prizes for guessing what my wife's name is!

We live in Sheffield, England and will be moving to the sunny Lot region of France in 2014 to while away the days drinking fine (?) wine, growing our own fruit and veg, and reading books on our kindles.

I am frantically trying to finish the first and second chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever which I was given just before Christmas in order that I can read the third and last chronicles which I was bought at Christmas along with my Kindle.
philandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ...

Have you read Mordant's Need by Stephen Donaldson ? - I've only got the dead tree versions, but it's a good read ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Nice to meet you, and enjoy your Kindle! I was a (long-time) lurker before finally posting here, too. Welcome!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Phil. Must confess, though, that Andjan strikes me as a singular name for a Sheffield lass. Thanks for the hello, mate. Happy Kindling and best wishes to you and Andjan (quite a pretty name now that I'm getting used to it, my wife, Andskovia, thinks it attractive, too). Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Welcome to Mobile Read, and now you've cost me money ... Haven't read Thomas Covenant Chronicles in years, so of course I now have to go buy them in .mobi
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Phil and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
PJHafner
P.J. Hafner
PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.PJHafner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Welcome, philandjan! I'm new here as well. Enjoy MobileRead!
PJHafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome to Mobileread
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote