Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Calibre update problem.

Whenever I install a Calbre update to the latest release, it always reports there is an update available, with the update being the previous version, clicking on the update link takes me to the Calibre download page where it lists the latest version and NOT the previous version it says is available.

I have tried searching this forum for a fix, and searching google, but all I end up with there are discussions about guns.

Is anyone else having this problem, can anyone point me to a fix for it, and has it been logged as a bug?

Calibre works fine after the update to the latest version.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
No - what sort of operating system are you using on your computer? I have some with Xp and others with Win 7 -all seem to update OK.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
No - what sort of operating system are you using on your computer? I have some with Xp and others with Win 7 -all seem to update OK.
Windows 7 home premium.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I have the same. Updated this morning to 7.34 which shows on the bottom left, yet on the right it says in red "Upgrade found 7.33"

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. I hasn't done it in previous upgrades, just this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	317
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	62982  
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
haiyeekayakee
haiyeekayakee will become famous soon enoughhaiyeekayakee will become famous soon enoughhaiyeekayakee will become famous soon enoughhaiyeekayakee will become famous soon enoughhaiyeekayakee will become famous soon enoughhaiyeekayakee will become famous soon enough

I was seeing the same thing on the past few releases, but I've just updated to 0.7.34 and it's not present on that. I'm running Linux Mint 64bit.
haiyeekayakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
MaxLV
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I have the same. Updated this morning to 7.34 which shows on the bottom left, yet on the right it says in red "Upgrade found 7.33"

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. I hasn't done it in previous upgrades, just this one.
It's been like that since 7.29 for me.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you likely have some sort of caching proxy on your internet connection that is caching the website calibre polls to check for the latest release. Thereby causing calibre to think the latest release is the previous one.

EDIT: I've added headers to the webpage taht should hopefully prevent all caching (unless the cache is broken)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-18-2010 at 11:57 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Ha, it's gone. Thanks kovid!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
MaxLV
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you likely have some sort of caching proxy on your internet connection that is caching the website calibre polls to check for the latest release. Thereby causing calibre to think the latest release is the previous one.

EDIT: I've added headers to the webpage taht should hopefully prevent all caching (unless the cache is broken)
I dont have caching proxy on my computers or home network (that I can see). I always try to set the computers, software, etc have a direct connection to the internet.

It may be my ISP that is doing the caching, as their proxy servers have caused problems in the past with the slow up dates of their proxy/caching servers.

Anyway Calibre is not showing the update is available message now/this morning.

I'll check it again with the next update.

Great software BTW, It has replaced the Sony and Kobo library software for me, I only use (have to, not by choice) ADE to download purchased books, that I then load into Calibre for transfering to my e-readers.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
MaxLV
Connoisseur

I no longer have the previous version showing as a new update.