Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #46
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
How about drag and drop book covers to arbitrary locations for reading lists?
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #47
Luddite
Luddite began at the beginning.

Device: Tab S6 - Moon+ Reader Pro
As the github page still isn't up for this...
  1. The ability to select all books in a particular view when using ODPS
  2. When using ODPS, indicate books that are already in Marvin 3
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #48
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Kris has said there won't be a github for Marvin 3.

1. You can select multiple books when using OPDS. Yes you have to tap on them one at a time, but then you hit download and all those books you selected are downloaded. I haven't heard that Kris is working on changing that, but I am certainly not privy to all the inner-workings! I think the more popular solution that he has said he is working towards is getting the Calibre plugin to work correctly. Then you would be able to simply ctrl-A your way to selecting all of them for transfer.

2. I personally asked about this functionality when we were beta testing Marvin Classic. The answer was that Marvin can't tell exactly what a book is unless/until it actually downloads the book. It can't tell if the book on your phone is the exact same as what you want to download. It would be nice if the "library-index-card" of information that OPDS supplies to Marvin would contain enough of that identification info, but apparently Title and Author aren't enough...could be a different version or something. Once Marvin has downloaded the book to see if it's a duplicate, it's kind of too late to save the time downloading it...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #49
Der
Der began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6
I would like for the top and bottom toolbars (or whatever they're called) to automatically ihde themselves when I open the app to a book I'm reading. Sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not--I want them to be hidden every time.
Der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #50
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you go into Marvin settings - not inside an ebook, but from the book list - and select epub settings...then you can scroll down to "headers and footers". The options are: Dim, Prominent, Progress bar, or Hidden.

Anything other than hidden "allows" other options in epub settings such as vertical margin size and page accessories (what you want displayed in the header/footer).

Cheers,
Advert
Old 09-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #51
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Kris has said there won't be a github for Marvin 3.

1. You can select multiple books when using OPDS. Yes you have to tap on them one at a time, but then you hit download and all those books you selected are downloaded. I haven't heard that Kris is working on changing that, but I am certainly not privy to all the inner-workings! I think the more popular solution that he has said he is working towards is getting the Calibre plugin to work correctly. Then you would be able to simply ctrl-A your way to selecting all of them for transfer.

2. I personally asked about this functionality when we were beta testing Marvin Classic. The answer was that Marvin can't tell exactly what a book is unless/until it actually downloads the book. It can't tell if the book on your phone is the exact same as what you want to download. It would be nice if the "library-index-card" of information that OPDS supplies to Marvin would contain enough of that identification info, but apparently Title and Author aren't enough...could be a different version or something. Once Marvin has downloaded the book to see if it's a duplicate, it's kind of too late to save the time downloading it...
Will we have another mechanism for filing bugs and feature requests for Marvin 3?

For #1, I had figured that out before posting, was just hoping for something like the "Select All Visible" in the main interface. Getting the Plugin working would be even better.

For #2, I guess I have to be that guy - Stanza did this without issue. I know that if I click a book/Comic it will throw a message about it already being on the device - but only after downloading the whole file. No big deal on LAN, but if you are VPNing in or using Calibre on the WAN...
Old 09-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #52
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

I think this forum is a good one for feature requests. However Kris has asked - in the bug reports sticky at the top of the forum - to email him directly with bug reports. That way he can get specific information directly from you instead of it getting muddied on the forums by 3rd party people pushing their own agenda.

There's a fine line between feature requests and bug reports - feature requests are "Hey it would be cool if Marvin could do this!". Bug reports are "Hey Marvin is supposed to do this, but does this instead."

I'm not trying to say YOU don't know the difference, but there are a few on here that need reminding occasionally...

Cheers,
Old 09-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #53
Luddite

Oh sure, tell me to actually read the stickies LOL.

Thanks for the responses...
Old 09-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #54
Der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
If you go into Marvin settings - not inside an ebook, but from the book list - and select epub settings...then you can scroll down to "headers and footers". The options are: Dim, Prominent, Progress bar, or Hidden.
Thanks, but I'm not talking about headers and footers. I'm talking about the menu bars (?) you get when you tap in the middle of a page you're reading. At the top, you get a bar with an 'x', "Contents", the Aa menu, etc. And you get a bar at the bottom, too. They often appear when I launch/open the app, and I have to tap the middle of the page to hide them.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #55
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der View Post
Thanks, but I'm not talking about headers and footers. I'm talking about the menu bars (?) you get when you tap in the middle of a page you're reading. At the top, you get a bar with an 'x', "Contents", the Aa menu, etc. And you get a bar at the bottom, too. They often appear when I launch/open the app, and I have to tap the middle of the page to hide them.
I've actually been wondering about this and I'm curious if there's a setting that can eliminate this while opening the app. Although I'm finding it impossible to get to any other setting unless I am able to get this bar screen by tapping on the middle of the app. However I do think there should be a way to disable this when opening the app to read a book because I have noticed that in order to read the book, not only do you have to select the book to read...you do need to tap the middle of the screen to disable the top and bottom bars with the x, contents and the Aa menu.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #56
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
General Settings -> auto-hide book toolbars should do that.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:19 PM   #57
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
I've actually been wondering about this and I'm curious if there's a setting that can eliminate this while opening the app. Although I'm finding it impossible to get to any other setting unless I am able to get this bar screen by tapping on the middle of the app. However I do think there should be a way to disable this when opening the app to read a book because I have noticed that in order to read the book, not only do you have to select the book to read...you do need to tap the middle of the screen to disable the top and bottom bars with the x, contents and the Aa menu.
...and you can also set Marvin to auto-open the last book being read.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #58
Der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolomon View Post
General Settings -> auto-hide book toolbars should do that.
You're right. I didn't see that. Thanks! I will post back only if it doesn't work.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #59
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

So when's the next update coming? It's been pretty quiet since the last "quick" update.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #60
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Kris does quick updates when it's something critical or something super easy that is desired by lots of people. Otherwise its on a normal release cycle...meaning as soon as he finishes whatever he's working on. He will usually put up some kind of notice on his appstafarian blog here when something new is about to come out.