Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Gosta
Gosta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Calibre jobs get stuck

I'm using Kindle PaperWhite and I recently updated Calibre to 1.15 x64. Now, everytime I open Calibre, there are 2 tasks in jobs tab I can't stop.

The main problem is that I can't add any file to my Kindle because that 2 tasks still in qeue.

Do you guys know how I can fix this?

Thanks for all.
Gosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
timberbeast
stumblebum
timberbeast began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
I'm no authority, but when that happened to me, I re-booted the Kindle, and that cured it. Your Kindle might be different, (mine is a Kindle 2), but you hold the power button in for about 20 seconds. Then turn it back on. After the re-boot mine has worked flawlessly since. (About six months).

larry
timberbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Gosta

Yes I tried that too, but didn't work
Old 12-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Nothing is 'Stuck'

All those jobs completed: 100% and status

Check your destination folder SETTINGS in Calibre: (could be affected by)
Device Template
Metadata plug board
Default Location for Sending to device (Should holler at you if wrong: Main is all that is allowed for my K4)

or
You are sending the WRONG format to the K
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Gosta

I'm almost sure isn't a matter of format file; i've tried sending in different ways and nothing happened. In fact, this is what I see when I can choose format (0 of 1 books).

I've also tried different books, no difference.

All my books are saved in 'documents', a folder in main. Calibre placed them there since the beginning.

And, to be honest, I don't know how to check the things you said .
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What are the jobs?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Gosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What are the jobs?
You can check the pictures on the first post of the thread. In addition, if I double-click on any of the jobs, says 'No details available'.

Last edited by Gosta; 12-17-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
BTW the fist post says "Upload 0 books to device"

You need to find out Why that failed. There should have been an Error dialog separate from the Jobs status
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta View Post
You can check the pictures on the first post of the thread. In addition, if I double-click on any of them, says 'No details available'.
I don't see any pictures.

I used the element Inspector, and I see the references to them. It seems they are embedded from a file-sharing site, hence it is blocked by the school admin here.

I should think of this more often -- this is not the first time I have made this mistake.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
Gosta

That's why I'm so desperate: The only clue is "0 of 1 books", any other dialog error, so I have no freaking idea why is this happening to me.

BTW, thanks for your efforts helping me, really I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I don't see any pictures.

I used the element Inspector, and I see the references to them. It seems they are embedded from a file-sharing site, hence it is blocked by the school admin here.

I should think of this more often -- this is not the first time I have made this mistake.
Yes, I used Tinypic to share the screenshots with you I'm sorry if you couldn't see them.

Last edited by Gosta; 12-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your jobs aren't stuck, it looks like your library is damaged. Try running the check library tool.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #12
Gosta

Done. The tool couldn't find any error and the problem still there. I also tried the other library maintenance tools and nothing happened.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
... also tried the other library maintenance tools and nothing happened.
Are you saying that 'nothing happened' when you ran a database restore - as in no dialogue at start, no progress dialogues as it runs, and no terminating dialogue ?

Each of your book folders should have a metadata.opf file - are they there ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #14
Gosta

Ok I said incorrectly, I'm sorry I mean that the database restore ran correctly, but didn't fix my problem.

Yes, every book in the library has its own .opf file.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I'm using Kindle PaperWhite and I recently updated Calibre to 1.15 x64.
What version were you using before - and did you also change from 32bit to 64bit.

One thing you could try is to install the portable version of calibre - it wont interfere with what you already have. Once its installed and you've configured for your Paperwhite, add one of the books you're having trouble transferring to the PW to its default library and try to transfer it to the PW

If you can't transfer from calibre portable to the PW,

then the problem most probably is with the PW or its connection to your computer.

I assume the PW physically connects to your computer via USB, a) try a different USB port c) try a different cable and c) check the USB port(s) by plugging in something else - e.g. thumb drive, camera - and checking them via Windows Explorer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then its almost certain that its something to do with the PW itself. I can't help with the PW - never seen one.

If you can transfer it from calibre portable to the PW

then the problem is almost certainly with the installed version of calibre.

An a precaution I would suggest you back up you library(ies) and configuration

Uninstall calibre, download a fresh copy of the 64bit version and re-install, you shouldn't lose anything (libraries or settings), connect to your existing library, plug in the PW and try it.

If that doesn't work - uninstall calibre again, and this time download a fresh copy of the 32bit version and install it, connect to you existing library, plug in the PW and try it.

If none of those suggestions work then I'm out of ideas. If one of them does then can you let us know which one.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote